[Appointments+] My Appointments+ Calendar is completely broke since last update

My calendar is only displaying up to June 11 and no availability, making it completely non-functioning. Please help, I'm losing business.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello brightfuture333,

I'm sorry to hear that Appointments is not working on your site correctly after update.

I checked page with appointment calendar and it looks like there is some type of fatal error there that prevents code on page from displaying, so only half of it is visible.

In order to see what type of error it is, we would need to see debug.log file. To get debug.log file you will need to enable debug mode in WordPress. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

Visit make appointment page so it will generate the error.

I would need then to see content of the debug.log file - so please upload it to service like a Dropbox and paste link here.

kind regards
    Kasia

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey brightfuture333 !
    Hope you are having a great day!

According to the log in your debug.log file, it seems like PHP executions are exceeding the preset memory_limit value on your server. Could you try increasing PHP's memory_limit value to a least value of 512M and see if that makes a difference? The best approach to do so would be reaching out your host support and requesting them to do so. Alternatively, you can also follow this handy guide and do it yourself.

Hope this helps. We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

• brightfuture333
      • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I used the handy guide to do it myself (adding php.ini and and wpconfig.php) and now it's worse. I get this:
      Internal Server Error
      The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
      Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@sundibright.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
      More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
      Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

• brightfuture333

It was the wpconfig.php entry that seemed to cause the new problem, so I removed that and now I'm back to square1. This was fine before the update and yet I think I should stay up-to-date on the versions, so I don't think going back is a good idea... and yet, I REALLY need my calendar.

• Nahid
        • Tech Support

Hey brightfuture333 !
        Hope you are having a great day!

I just checked your PHP configuration (your WordPress Dashboard->WPMU DEV->Support->System Info) and it seems like the memory_limit value is still set at the former value of 256M. Here's a screenshot for reference:

The most likely reason behind the above attempts not working is that your host might be restricting remote changes to server limitations. In this scenario, I'd highly recommend you to get in touch to your host support and requesting them to make the change.

Hope this helps. We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Kind regards,
        Nahid

• brightfuture333

Hi Nahid,
          Actually, I think I put it back because I got an internal system error after I changed it.
          BUT, I changed it again and that is working to display my calendar now.
          HOWEVER, nothing else works!
          I first noticed a problem trying to put an appointment on my calendar manually, where I the time says "unknown", and if you go to my calendar now and click on a day, you don't get the time buttons.
          Still need help!
          Thanks much!

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there brightfuture333,

hope you're doing good and don't mind me chip in here! :slight_smile:

I'm glad that you resolved the memory limit issue, good job!

I first noticed a problem trying to put an appointment on my calendar manually, where I the time says "unknown", and if you go to my calendar now and click on a day, you don't get the time buttons.

This is a already reported bug to our developers and we're waiting for a resolution to come in next update. I've already connected this thread with our internal bug tracker, so if there's going to be any hotfix that you could apply before official release, we'll let you know here.

Finally, as we're keen on having separate threads per issue and per member, if you're dealing with other issues currently, do create separate threads about them or come and find us in our live chat service. https://premium.wpmudev.org/hub/support/#get-support

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
        • Support Star

No, no need for a separate thread about this issue, for any other though, please do.

I can see that next release is including a fix for this issue, can't really provide an ETA of the update though. It's in our QA queue, as long as it gets the green light, it'll get published and you will see an update notification in WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin. :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
        Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.