Appointments+ need padding between variable-length appointments

My sole-proprietor client offers different treatments of different lengths. After a treatment she needs 15 minutes of padding time to record notes and re-setup her treatment room.

The "legacy" calculus method allows her to book appointments more efficiently (less wasted time between "blocks") but don't allow her to add padding.

The new method allows padding but rigidly adds it to every block whether or not there is a previous appointment.

Example: In the non-legacy model for a 90-minute service with 15-minute padding a prospective client is locked into booking an appointment at 10:45 even if there was no 9:00 appointment. The "legacy" time calculus method lets clients book appointments efficiently, but doesn't allocated padding between consecutive appointments.

In this thread SteveB mentions bespoke that could solve this. Would it be possible to get a copy of this? Of course I'll be happy to provide access, etc., if additional info is needed. Thanks!

Also, any possibility of just building this in to A+? There seems to be sufficient demand for this as a feature.

• Tyler Postle

Hey RealBasics,

Hope you're doing well today!

Yes, the padding adds it onto every appointment slot. I believe the code SteveB is referring to just changes the displayed service time to exclude the padding, but the padding is still taking effect in the booking process.

You're wanting only appointments that have actually been booked to have padding applied?

As Vaughan mentions in the linked post, our developer is looking into ways for padding to work with the legacy method :slight_smile:

At the moment padding will be added to each block.

As for adding padding to each service, you should be able to do this on the services tab, same as you would with just one, are you experiencing issues with that?

Look forward to hearing back RealBasics!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.