Appointments+ New User Questions

Hi there. I have been trying to configure Appointments+ and still have a few questions. I did go through all of the tutorials and watched all the training videos.

If someone could take a look at my questions and respond, I would really appreciate it.

1. Is there a way to have the confirmation e-mails come from someone other than the primary on our website? Ideally, we'd like to use this for multiple departments, each with their own website.

2. How can I change the font on the booking page?

3. In a situation like a class that can have 10 attendees for one instructor, how can I make it possible for 10 appointments to be booked for the same time and same resource. I watched the Service Provider video multiple times and think I'm still missing something.

Any help would be just great.

Have a great day.

Dave Palm

• Michelle Shull

Howdy, Dave!

1. Out-of-the-box, no, confirmation emails use WP's built in PHP mail, and the admin address is the default.

2. Can you link me to your booking page? Do you want to change the font-family (change the actual font) or change some of the properties of the text (like make it better, italics, etc.)?

3. In this case, you can enable this by increasing the capacity for the service to "10", which will allow up to ten appointments to be booked in the same slot.

Have a great weekend!

• Dave

Thanks so much for getting back to me.

2. Here is the link to my booking page so far: http://www.delphidisplay.com/delphisupport/installation-services/schedule-install/ . The font is just really tough to read and numerous people have commented on it. I have tested in three browsers with the same results, but didn't see any font setting in the settings.

3. I have the capacity for the service set to 99, and also tested with it set to 50, but it still blocks the date when I book only 1 appointment. I currently only offer 1 service and have 1 service provider.

Thanks for all your help.

Dave Palm

• Michelle Shull

Hello, Dave!

1. You can install an SMTP mail plugin which will override the PHP mail WP uses by default. That gives you more control, and allows you to change the from email. Additionally, our Ultimate Branding plugin will let you change the default Admin email on sites it's installed on, that could be another option.

2. Pop this into a custom CSS file, it should make the fonts look a bit better on your appointments calendar:

.appointments-wrapper{
    font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
    font-color: #000000;
    }

3. You'll need to create some dummy providers to cover each of the slots you have available at one time. Dummy providers can default to your single provider, but you'll need to have at least one per slot you have available. So if you've set the capacity to 50, you'd need to have your primary service provider and 49 dummy providers. You can see this explained a bit more clearly in this video: http://youtu.be/wjqwS7S-1ic?t=1m30s (I set it to start just a few seconds before it discusses capacity.)

Hope this helps!

• Dave

Thanks so much for your assistance. I implemented everything you suggested and it looks like nearly all is working. Hopefully just a few more questions and I can complete this project.

1. Is it possible to book a day, but not a specific time?

2. Is it possible to put just day and not include the time in the confirmation and reminder e-mails? Currently we use the code DATE_TIME. I tried just DATE and that didn't' seem to work.

3. Can multiple reminders be sent? Ideally, I'd like to send a reminder 10 days before, then again 3 days before.

4. Is it possible to get e-mails when an appointment is booked or cancelled? It seems like this would be automatic but I didn't see this in the setup. I also checked the log to see if they were possibly being sent and being blocked by spam filters or our firewall and didn't see anything.

6. Can the fields in the form be format-specific, like if it is a postal code, e-mail, or phone number?

7. I did install the Ultimate Branding plugin as suggested. Now all e-mail from my website, including our chat, comes from my department. Is it possible to make it plugin-specific so only e-mails from the Appointment app have my department e-mail?

• aristath

Hello there @Dave, I hope you're well today!

1. Is it possible to book a day, but not a specific time?

2. Is it possible to put just day and not include the time in the confirmation and reminder e-mails? Currently we use the code DATE_TIME. I tried just DATE and that didn't' seem to work.

I'm afraid not. Appointments+ works by calculating times and not days. A workaround would be to make your appointments 720 minutes in duration so 1 appointment would be a whole day. :slight_smile:

3. Can multiple reminders be sent? Ideally, I'd like to send a reminder 10 days before, then again 3 days before.

By default there is only 1 reminder... However I suppose with some custom coding you can create a 2nd reminder. My advise would be to post a new job on https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/ so that a skilled developer can make this customization for you.

4. Is it possible to get e-mails when an appointment is booked or cancelled? It seems like this would be automatic but I didn't see this in the setup. I also checked the log to see if they were possibly being sent and being blocked by spam filters or our firewall and didn't see anything.

The plugin automatically sends confirmation emails to service providers. Are you the service provider, or have you created another dummy user for that?

6. Can the fields in the form be format-specific, like if it is a postal code, e-mail, or phone number?

At this point only text fields and checkboxes are supported. We may add more field types in the future (such as number for example) that will automatically validate things, but for the time being this would require custom coding.

7. I did install the Ultimate Branding plugin as suggested. Now all e-mail from my website, including our chat, comes from my department. Is it possible to make it plugin-specific so only e-mails from the Appointment app have my department e-mail?

Ultimate branding changes these throughout your site, so you can't target plugin-specific emails.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Dave

Hi there. Thanks for the response. If I read correctly, it looks like the only one I can properly address is #4, the notification and cancellation e-mails to the provider. I have attached a screenshot of my service provider tab. I have myself as the only primary with all others as a dummy to allow multiple bookings per day, but to get e-mail notices sent to me.

I am not receiving any e-mail when an appointment is booked, nor when it is cancelled. I also changed the e-mail for myself to my gmail account in case it was a a firewall issue. I am not getting these e-mails to either account. Is there something int the setup I am missing to turn this on?

Thanks,

Dave Palm

• Tyler Postle

Hey Dave,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your reply!

Have you assigned the dummys to yourself?

You can do this via the "General" settings tab :slight_smile: screenshot attached.

If you have and the emails still aren't sending then can you check your appointments log and let us know if any errors are there?

Appointments > Settings > Logs tab.

Look forward to hearing back Dave!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• pxwm

Hi @aristath and @Tyler Postle - I hope you both don't mind me chiming in

Hi @Dave - In respect to your question about multiple reminders.

This is possible through the settings.

If you login to your Wordpress dashboard as Admin
    Then select 'Appointments' and 'Settings'
    Then select the 'General' tab
    Then scroll down to the 'Reminder email Sending Time for the Client (hours)' field
    Then the notes for this field state:-

Defines how many hours reminder will be sent to the client before the appointment will take place. Multiple reminders are possible. To do so, enter reminding hours separated with a comma, e.g. 48,24.

So just calculate the number of hours before the appointment you wish to send out the reminders.
    Therefore for your requirements to send out a reminder 10 days and 3 days before the appointment, then enter 240,72 in the field
    The Save.
    You may wish to test by say using values: 8,4 so you can confirm it works

I hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• Dave

Thanks for the input on the multiple appointments. That is greatly helpful.

I do have all resources except me set to dummy and dummy providers assigned to me too (both screenshots attached). When I check the log, there are no errors. There are also no entries in the log about sending e-mails, either notification or cancellation, to the service provider.

This is the only thing holding up my current project implementation so any guidance would be appreciated.

• Michelle Shull

Hiya, Dave!

It can. Even though WP Mail is working properly, it could be that your host is limiting the number/type of emails you can send, so while one type of email is going through consistently, the Appointments confirmation emails might still be sticking somewhere.

SMTP will offload the sending to your email provider, rather than your WP server, which is a lot more reliable in general than a PHP based mail system, and it uses less of the resources on your install.

It might be worth a try?

Let me know!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.