[Appointments+] Not able to change service assigned to service providers

Not able to change service assigned to service providers. Login and see for your self. Click on edit with a service provider and nothing happens. Result no assignment of service to provider possible. Please fix.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Ingenieurbüro Dr. Plesnik GmbH,

I'm afraid this is conflict with Membership 2 Pro (you have also this plugin active on your site). We have already notified developer about the issue and they are working on fixing this.
    I will add your ticket to bug report so you will get update if there will be a hot fix available for Appointments+

At the moment only "workaround" is to disable Membership for quick moment, make change in service provider and then enable Memberships 2 back.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Ingenieurbüro Dr. Plesnik GmbH
      • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Kasia,

on the 30 of June 2018 you replied to this found error with:

We have already notified developer about the issue and they are working on fixing this.
      I will add your ticket to bug report so you will get update if there will be a hot fix available for Appointments+

So my question is are the developers not working or is fixing issues that your own products cause to each other something always postponed for min. half a year?

The problem persists could you please fix it NOW!

• Predrag Dubajic
        • Support

Hi Ingenieurbüro Dr. Plesnik GmbH,

We're really sorry that this has taken so long to be published, we do have a fix ready but we had some other took priority over this which delayed the release.
        We are currently preparing the new beta for QA testing and hopefully, everything goes well so we can see the update live soon.
        In the meantime, I have attached that beta version below as I have tested it with Appointments+ and can confirm that editing service provider works with this version.

Best regards,
        Predrag

Okay sad but accepted.

I have another problem as well. Payments for appointment can be made and tested through sandbox mode of paypal but the appointement remain in pending status even though the payment is made and the user gets directed to the success page. How can I make sure the appointments that are payed for are automatically active?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Payments for appointment can be made and tested through sandbox mode of paypal but the appointement remain in pending status even though the payment is made and the user gets directed to the success page.

I have tested this issue on your site and problem is that transaction in PayPal is not registered in the Appointments+ at all (you can see that transaction list is empty).
    I have tested this on my site and I could not replicate - transaction was registered and appointment was confirmed.

Can you check if you have IPN enabled for your sandbox account and added url from the Payments settings in Appointments?

kind regards,
    Kasia

IPN is activated and the URL printed in the settings of Appointments+ is implemented with PayPal. Is there maybe a certain important setting in Sandbox Account of PayPal to make IPN work? Cause the only thing I could find was with the PayPal settings in my account and not in the developer dashboard of PayPal. Could that cause the problem?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Ingenieurbüro Dr. Plesnik GmbH

The IPN setting is separate for "live" and for "sandbox" account so if you do have that set up in your "real" account but not in "sandbox", transactions will not be recorded in A+ during testing with sandbox mode.

The PayPal Merchant E-mail that you got set in "Appointments -> General -> Payments" section is the e-mail for a "merchant account" created in PayPal developer dashboard, right?

The same account can be used to login on "https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/" site and the dashboard you got there should look and work the same way as the "real" one, with that exception that it's actually a testing (sandbox) environment. In that dashboard you will see some "fake" account balance and all the transactions made via that sandbox merchant account - just like on "real" one. You can also set IPN there - the same way as on "real" account, so please give it a try and see if you got it properly enabled and set there.

Let me know please if that sorts out the issue or further troubleshooting is needed.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Ingenieurbüro Dr. Plesnik GmbH

Thank you for your response.

I have accessed your site to test it more and so far I see that even though transactions are not recorder, the IPN URL is responding properly when called out directly. But there must be something "interfering" here and I'd like to test you on your site a bit more (I couldn't replicate that on my test setup) but I need a little bit of your help:

1. Can I (temporarily of course) switch Appointments payments to my own sandbox account? That would give me an insight to possible errors on IPN calls (if any) that site gives back? I will, of course, restore your setting after I'm done with testing.

2. Where on site can I actually try to book these appointments (without creating additional page)? There's no default "Make an appointment" page and unfortunately I don't speak German and I don't understand page/post titles there. Furthermore, when I visit the front-end (even logged in via support access) there's no menu/buttons that would point me to any booking page. It would be helpful if you could direct me to it.

I will then do more tests to, hopefully, find what is happening.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Thanks for granting access again!

The issue turned out to be a conflict with a Membership 2 Pro plugin. When active, the plugin blocks that part of Appointments+ settings. It's a bug that appeared just recently and it's already reported to our developers who are looking for a fix.

As a workaround, you can make these changes with Membershpi 2 Pro temporarily disabled. However, our developers are working on a permanent fix so please make sure that you're keeping both plugins up to date as the fix would be released as an update, though I"m not able to tell which of the plugins will carry it (they are still working on that).

Kind regards,
    Adam

Hi Adam,

thanks for the update on the original topic. But this is no longer in issue since I know I am waiting for the update to fix this.

The second problem was the PayPal setup which you in tended to test with your account. Please follow this link to a site where you can make a test booking and the when linked to your account see if this works properly.

https://www.make-your-self.de/equilibirum-business-coaching-nachhaltiger-erfolg-fuer-ewiges-wachstum/

The problem is still that no appointment is confirmed it remains in pending status even though I have done everything you said with the developer account.

Additionally the question is will it be working with the live account?

Can you please examine where the problem is thanks?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Ingenieurbüro Dr. Plesnik GmbH,

I was doing some additional testing and was able to replicate the issue on my installation by exporting your A+ settings and importing it to my installation.
    Before the import the payment and confirmation worked fine but after import it stopped confirming the appointments automatically.
    It seems that some specific setting from your installation is causing the issue but I couldn't figure out exactly what, I tried disabling add-ons and reverting the setup to default settings one by one but it seems that I'm missing something here.

I have created a report for our developers to check out and included all the information from my tests so they could shed some light on this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Ari
    • Recruit

Hey Ingenieurbüro Dr. Plesnik GmbH

Hope you are well today!

About the confirming the appointments automatically, by my initial investigation what I found: this is actually not a plugin issue, that's all are about paypal settings.

Please have a look to below options:

1: Merchant account email verification: Make sure your merchant email is verified both in live and sandbox mode, well in sandbox mode maybe you can't verify email but it gives you verified account when you create an account form https://developer.paypal.com/developer/accounts/ at first login with your original Paypal account, then check if already a business account created, if not create a new one.

2: Multi currency issue: it happen when you accept one currency in paypal, but you receive the payment in another currency. so please make sure you setup your currency properly, here's a guideline:

Currently you accept the payment in EUR as I can see in the plugin settings.
    But if your paypal currency is USD them you can do 3 things:

1: Auto Deny the payment
    2: Auto Allow the payment - convert the EUR to USD.

You can do it from here: https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-pref
    here's the screenshot:

3: or Set up EUR currency in your Paypal from here: https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-currencies

Hope it will fix the issue, but if not please send me your site login + FTP credentials through our secure contact from: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question
    Using the below template:

Subject: "Attn: Ari"
    - WordPress admin (login url/username/password)
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel/Plesk credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference (it is: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/appointments-not-able-to-change-service-assigned-to-service-providers)
    - any other relevant urls

Keep in mind the subject line as ensures that it gets assigned to me.

Have a great day!
    Warm Regards,
    Ari

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.