Appointments+ not negating appointments added via Gcal

Hey Guys,
We have a booking system using appointments+. When we are adding bookings to our Google Calender however they simply go into a "Reserved by Gcal" tab, people can still book over these times via the website which is causing double bookings.

Ive tried reading what others have said about it and all I can find its people saying it doesn't work that way. Surely this is not the case?

Is there something I've missed or not configured correctly?

Let me know please, many thanks. :slight_smile:

• Brian

Hey Kasia,
    Thanks for the speedy response, looking at the system all the bookings that are coming in via the gCal are getting saved as one specific Service, but we actually have 16 different types of service. The gCal config is assuming they are all the First service on the list, of course, there is no setting from within the gCal to designate a service.

Do we have to make a calendar for every service, and then link them all to the Appointments+ settings? Is that even possible?

Thanks, Brian.

• Brian

Just thinking about this a bit more. Would it be easier to set up a user account for the staff to add appointments via the appointments+ system on the website and give them a discount code of 100% for when they take the booking and payment over the phone or on site?

Our appointments+ system is integrated to Marketpress so would we just set up that coupon/discount with in the Marketpress system?

Thanks, Brian.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Brian,

Do we have to make a calendar for every service, and then link them all to the Appointments+ settings? Is that even possible?

No, this is not possible for the services - only for the service providers, they can connect their calendars (in their WordPress profiles).
    And yes, Google Cal will always book appointment for the first service on the list - at this moment there is no way to change that.

Would it be easier to set up a user account for the staff to add appointments via the appointments+ system on the website and give them a discount code of 100% for when they take the booking and payment over the phone or on site?

Hm. I think easier option would be if they just add appointment in the WordPress dashboard (yes, they still need WordPress accounts) - Appointments+ -> Add new (of course they would need to check free slots first in the calendar).

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.