Appointments+ Not saving services and some other information.

When I add a service it doesn't save the new service, and I can't even rename the default service.

When I change the color scheme it DOES save that.

This doesn't use global tables or anything does it?

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi Jason.

First of all please update the plugin to the latest version ( currently V1.1.3).

You most likely have javascript error(s) on the admin side.

Please login using Firefox or Google Chrome and press Ctrl+Shift+j before and after trying to add a service.

In the opening window you will be probably seeing some errors. Try to locate the issue looking at the file name shown beside the error or paste them here so that we can analyse them.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• Jason
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I tried updating and looked at the code inspector in Google Chrome.

No errors.

However, I figured out what the problem is related to, it's the APC object cache that is the problem. When I remove object-cache.php then it refreshes as if I had saved it correctly all along. The cache is returning old data. Somehow this plugin, only on the services page caches those values. Is there a way to call for a wordpress cache flush after the plugin saves it's settings??

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

There is already a cache flush there, but because of a logic condition of the plugin it seems it doesn't work correctly in your case.

Can you please unzip the attached file and replace the appointments.php file using FTP and try like that?

Note: This is not an installation file. The content file should be uploaded by FTP only.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• Jason

Ok, I replaced as directed, and put my object-cache.php file back in place.

Behavior is still the same.

I am using APC caching, which is recommended by Wordpress. If your plugin has caching in it already, then is it using the wordpress cache? Or is it a custom made caching solution?

• Jason

Configuration

apc

APC Support enabled
    Version 3.1.13
    APC Debugging Disabled
    MMAP Support Enabled
    MMAP File Mask /tmp/apc.ZabhS0
    Locking type pthread read/write Locks
    Serialization Support php
    Revision $Revision: 327136 $
    Build Date Sep 11 2012 21:41:01

PHP
    PHP Version 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.7ppa5~lucid1

• Jason

And yes, it is that Object Cache plugin.

If I remove it your plugin works as expected, but with the APC cache in place it takes a very long time to show the new values, like a day or so, so I know the cache isn't getting flushed when the settings are saved.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

I tested APC + APC plugin on a solo site and it worked correctly.

Then I tested on a multi site installation and I got the same problem you had.

When I checked the APC plugin codes, I noticed that author intentionally disabled cache flushing for multi site:

function flush() {
    		// Don't flush if multi-blog.
    		 if ( function_exists( 'is_site_admin' ) || defined( 'CUSTOM_USER_TABLE' ) && defined( 'CUSTOM_USER_META_TABLE' ) )
    			return true;

return apc_clear_cache( 'user' );
    	}

When I commented out the if part, changes are sometimes saved, sometimes not; the behavior was not smooth.

Then I installed W3T and activated its object and database caching settings with method APC. It worked correctly.

As a result this is because of APC plugin you are using. I recommend using W3T or another plugin that is supporting APC.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• Jason

Well I've switched to the w3tc plugin like you stated, and it seems to work, however the plugin must be enabled on every single website in order to function properly.

Classic case of fixing one problem to create another.

But this solutions seems to work. :disappointed:

Very bittersweet.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.