Appointments not syncing from GCal to Appointments+

Appointments+ is not syncing with the appointments between GCal & Appointments+. I have even tried manually importing the appointments but that too did not work. I also reset the API credentials but in vain.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jess

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

I checked the site and I’m slightly confused so I’d like to make sure that we’re on the same side first :wink:

I can see that the Gogole Calendar integration is enabled. The Google-added events are actually there. Take a look, please, at “Appointments -> Appointments” page -> “Reserved by GCal” section: there are currently 16 appointments listed there, all coming from the Google Calendar (they must have been added via GCal as otherwise they wouldn’t be in “Reserved by GCal” section), including on on 24th at 11:30 – the one that was added during the chat as a test booking, I believe.

That would mean that the GCal appointments were actually fetched to the site – though they are always listed in that separate “Reserved by GCal” section after sync.

Can you please check this list and confirm whether all the appointments that should be there from GCal are actually there already or not? Are they blocking relevant booking slots on site in booking calendar or that’s the part of the problem as well?

Let me know, please.

Kind regards,

Adam

• Jess
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I suspect you check just after I manually imported the gcal appointments. With that in mind I recreated the process as follows:

1. I created an appointment on my google calendar (1pm Desiree Train)

2. I double check to see if it had been imported (it had not)

3. I used the manual import key and imported my cal again

4. I checked the appointments page again and saw that it was there (after import)

So the problem is this – IF I make an appointment within google or from any other application that writes to my google calendar ; it IS NOT showing up in the appointments gcal import page until I manually do an import. This is a problem as I do NOT have time to manually make sure I am not going to be double booked.

Please let me know what needs to be done to fix this.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jess,

How much time has passed since you’ve have added events to calendar and checked appointments on your site?

Import is fired up by cron job every ten minutes so because of that you will not see them instantly.

Can you wait for 10 minutes and see if they are imported after that?

If not then try installing Advanced Cron Manager and try running gcal cron job manually to see if import will work with that.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Jess
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

The original test appointment was made on the 21st. I ran the manual import on the 22nd – right before you reviewed the case.

So, No it is NOT auto-populating. I really need this fixed as it is a fundamental reason for joining wpmudev.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jess,

Thanks for the additional info, so if the import is working manually it means that the connection is ok but that the Cron job is not being fired up properly as I mentioned in my previous comment.

Did you try running the cron job manually by using Advanced Cron Manager?

WP Cron does depend on site visitors so it might be that because of that it doesn’t fire properly.

Can you try replacing WP Cron with Real Cron Job and see if auto-imports are working after that?

You can find some tutorials about using Real Cron here:

https://wpweb.co.in/documents/replace-wordPress-cron-with-a-real-cron-job/

https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/wordpress/real-cron-job/

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.