Appointments+ not syncing with google calendar

Install seemed straightforward enough but…. I can’t get the last bit of it to work. The synchronisation with google calendar.

Without google cal sync, I can’t use the plugin. I have other appts on my gcal and don’t want people on the site to choose a time I’m already booked.

The appts get created but not added to gcal.

When I clicked to test the integration, I did not get an error.

When I import/ export manually to gcal, I get a message saying “no future appts found to add to your calendar”.

Any idea? What are common things that go wrong?

Thanks

Lori

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hi @lorijh

Sorry to hear you are having difficulty with this plugin.

can you clarify that you have followed the instructions for configuring the google calendar API key in wp-admin

appointments > settings > google calendar.

also, check you have set integration mode to A+ -> GCal

if you click the little blue i icon next to instructions, it will give a detailed instruction of what to do & will also provide a link to check your servers php config etc, as syncing requires certain settings on your server.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

This feature is still a beta, it’s there to test whilst we make it stable. I have it working on my install perfectly fine, however I occasionally see these issues arise on other installs.

Are you following the steps exactly like in the tutorial video?

http://youtu.be/hul60oJ1Eiw

If you still have issues then I know our developer Hakan is looking at these cases closely with it being a beta feature so we can ask him for some further insight.

Cheers.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi Lori,

First of all I assume that you are using the latest version (V1.2.3.3).

For the export part:

Are you setting Google calendar in Settings>Google Calendar tab? Because “no preference” appointments are connected to the calendar selected here, not the one selected in your profile page.

Don’t you see the test appointment created using “Test Connection” link in your calendar?

For the import part:

Don’t you see any appointments under “Reserved by GCal” area on admin Appointments page? Then again, you may be checking the wrong calendar. Please also note that past and all day events are not imported.

Cheers,

Hakan

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Lori,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• jnkfrancis
    • Recruit

Hi I’d like to re-open this topic because I am having a similar issue. Before the update over the weekend the plugin was working as expected, but now after the update it does not post to GCal.

The test connection does post to GCal just fine, and everything else in the plugin is working as expected, but when I post an appointment and approve it the appointments are not posting to the GCal. Is there some sort of reset procedure or something I should do?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jnkfrancis,

Thank you for letting us know and happy to see that you got this resolved.

It sounds like a possible caching issue in there somewhere?

In any event happy to see that you have resolved the anomaly.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Fernando
    • Flash Drive

Hi There,

I am having the same problem – was there a solution to this?

Test connection to GCal works perfectly, and creates the event in google calendar both for client and service provider.

However, when clients make an appointment through the website, it only registers the appointment, but no gcal syncronization or event added in gcal.

I would really appreciate your help.

Cheers,

Fernando.

• Fernando
    • Flash Drive

Hi, we should continue the thread here as it is unresolved, it’s hard to find solutions in this forum… as people resolve themselves but don’t post the solutions.

My calendar syncs only doing the “test connection”, however it doesn’t work in a real life scenario with payment and all.

I am interested to know if it actually works for anyone?

• Fernando
    • Flash Drive

Just if anyone has this problem:

MY SOLUTION

Whenever you assign a “service provider” to a service, make sure that the service provider logs into wordpress, and in their PROFILE they add the gcal sync + working hours, etc.

It’s confusing and not clear, but it’s the way to make it work.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.