Appointments+ not working as expected

Hi, I am having problems with the Appointments+ plugin loading correctly. You can see a calendar here: http://kafed.org.uk/staff/minibus/
When an available time is clicked the screen just hangs with the circular timer?
Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks

• Dan Maby
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi faydra_deon,

Thanks for quick response. I might be missing something here. No services are attached to time slots. How do I do this? I thought I could only attached service providers to time slots?

Sorry if I've made a simple error and thanks again for you help!

• faydra_deon
    • WordPress Warrior

britorthopaedic:

Apologies. I'm doing too many things at one time..

It was that I was missing the short code that would allow them to enter their details.

That was my problem.

[app_services select="Please select a service:"]
    [app_monthly_schedule]
    [app_pagination step="2" month="1"]
    [app_login]
    [app_confirmation]

That very last line brings up the fields where they enter their information.

I'd left that off, and I was getting the never-ending spinner. Check to see if you have that.

Faydra...

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

any chance you could switch to the default 2012 theme and see if it works then? just so we can eliminate an issue with the theme.

also are you using Gcal? if so, can you confirm you have correctly set the calendar up & checked with Test Connection on the gcal settings page (click the little blue i)

also can you temporarily disable paypal payments and see if it works then?

thanks

• Dan Maby

Hi Vaughan
    Thanks for your response. Having gone through the process of deactivating and reactivating all plugins across the network whilst using the default theme I have discovered the Better WP Security plugin is causing problems. Are there known issues between A+ and BWPS?
    Thanks

• Dan Maby

I appear to of been able to troubleshoot the issue; the BWPS plugin has the option to 'hide' the backend of WP i.e. /wp-admin, /wp-login and /wp-register are all changed to what ever the user selects.
    When this option is activated and a page with A+ shortcodes is opened the admin-ajax.php fails to load.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction to resolving this?
    Thanks

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

unfortunately i have never ever used the BWPS plugin, from experience of other members who have used it, it has been known to cause issues with some plugins when you start changing locations and paths around.

i have asked the developer for some feedback on this for you.

hope this helps.

• Dan Maby

Hi Vaughan

I appreciate the response, I'm having no luck over on the BWPS forum either. Although I might be getting somewhere with it myself. If all turns out well I'll update here just incase anyone else comes up against it.

Thanks

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Just a quick note, the Appointments+ plugin doesn't hardcode the AJAX url - rather, it uses the standard WP admin_url() call to determine its location. If something goes wrong with the URL resolution there, you could generally be having issues with various plugins that use the recommended way of generating admin-side URLs.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.