[Appointments+] Padding time only for booked appointment

Hi,
I activated paddings for appointments. I have eg 60mins appointment lengths. When I add eg. 60 minutes, to paddings it automatically change view that only every 2nd hours can be booked. This is not good, as i want to give option to book any hour, but add padding only that time what is booked. So eg: if I book 13pm, it will disable also 14pm for next users.

Thanks in advance,

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Janos Szabo

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The Paddings are "fixed" so they can't be applied only to the "booked appointments". However, there are another tools built-in that should let you achieve that so give them a try as described below.

- go to the "Appointments -> Settings -> Add-ons" page
    - enable "Durations" add-on (keeping "Paddings" add-one enabled as well) and "Tetris mode" add-on
    - go to "Appointments -> Settings -> General" time page and see what's the current "Time base (minuts) settings. You might want to adjust it if it's large value (like e.g. 60 minutes); I'll use "15" minutes in an example below.
    - scroll that page down and fine "Time slot calculus" method
    - make sure that it's set to "Minimum time based appointment duration calculus (legacy)" + "Exact period matching" (for "Boundaries detection")

An example of how this works for me with following configuration

- service duration: 60 minutes
    - paddint time "after" for service: 45 minutes
    - time base (minutes) settin on "Settings -> General -> Time": 15 minutes

is as follows

- if there's no booked appointments in the calendar, slots are available every 60 minutes (60 of service duration), so for example: 8:00am, 9:00am, 10:00am and so on

- if a given slot is booked, the next available slot is 120 minutes later (60 m of service duration + 45 m of padding after + 15 minutes of "time base") and next free slots are again hour after hour (without paddings).

As a result it works pretty much like this: if no appointments are booked there's no "padding", if an appointment is booked there's a padding added after that specific booking slot, that equals to "Padding after" value + "Time base" value.

Let me know if that worked for you, please.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.