Appointments+ - Place the calendar below each provider's profile as a tab

WPMUDEV,

I bought the $39.99 membership and user id is "taekcool." So far the plugin seems to fit my needs for most of part :slight_smile: but it needs a few trims and customization.

I want to achieve the following. I am trying to create a tab named "Schedule" under the profiles just like how "Appointments" tab was created automatically after the plugin installation. So when "Schedule" tab is clicked, correponding provider's calendar is shown (one service, two service doesn't matter). I guess this would be similar to the Appointments tab in terms of code since it is somehow able to dynamically fetch the corresponding provider id for his/her confirmed/pending appointments. [app_my_appointments
provider_id = "dynamic number"]

It seems by adding the following code, I am able to delete a tab but I don't know how to remove or modify name of the tab or rearrange the tab. Could you help me how to achieve this?

*function my_setup_nav() {*
* global $bp;*
* // Remove a menu item*
* unset($bp->bp_nav['groups']);*
*}*
*add_action( 'bp_setup_nav', 'my_setup_nav', 1000 );*

Thanks a ton in advance,
Joseph

• Paul Barthmaier

Hi there and welcome to the WPMU DEV Community for WordPress Support!

It seems that the Navigation tab that you are referring to is actually coming from Buddypress, not one of our plugins. If should also be that if a plugin has Buddpress integration that it may create its own tab. Not every plugin, though, will do this. I think, too, that you can probably hardcode something into your child theme. Can you send a link so we can have a better look?

Cheers,
    Paul

Locked yourself in EasyBlogging? Relax: http://goo.gl/R3gJr

• taekcool

Hi Paul,

Sorry, I don't have a link since I am working as localhost through xampp.

Thanks for your reply. I am really happy that there is someone who can help me.. I am really helpless right now since I have limited knowledge :slight_frown:

As for the navigation tab, yes, I am actually referring to Appointments+ plugin integration to buddypress. I have installed the plugin and I noticed that a tab was created under the profile that shows if you(providers) have appointments or not which is one integration but I did not see the same integration for the actual calendar/scheduler.

So, I would like to achieve the same exact thing but with calendar/scheduler itself so that there is a tab under the profile page where people can directly schedule with the corresponding providers without going through dropdown menus. I have briefly talked with Elliot and he told me that this is possible.

So for example, rather than users going through a generic make appointments page and choosing Provider A (dropdown) --> choose Service A (dropdown) --> Calendar for Provider A

I want the users go to Profile Page for Provider A --> Click on Make Appointments 'TAB' --> Calendar for Provider A

So in summary,

1) Appointments Calendar is integrated with Buddypress navigation profile tab
    2) The Appointments Calendar tab under Provider A Profile will automatically pull the Provider A's calendar.

Regards,
    Joseph

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.