Appointments Plugin

I'm wanting to use this plug-in for a pest control company. The pest
control company has three trucks that are scheduled at the same time
throughout the day. All three trucks may be scheduled for a 9:00 AM to
10:00 AM appointment (for example). With this being said, what is the most
feasible solution in order to configure this integration into this website?
Can this be done with this plug-in? If not, could you offer me a solution?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Josh McCoy,

Thank you for the great questions.

I would have to say it can certainly be done and this is the right plugin to use to do it.

I think the best plan is to make each truck a service provider and go forward from there.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Josh McCoy
    • New Recruit

Greets,

That's exactly what I was thinking. However, there are some user disadvantages by implementing this method. it seems like more work for the user. All they want to see is timeslots in one location. With this being said, do you think there's another way to make this work?

Thanks

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Josh McCoy,

Well sir that is indeed the way it is designed to work and intended use.

But I certainly do not know everything. Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

As Joe said, you can think that you have a single service and 3 service providers.

If you do not add service and service provider shortcodes, their dropdowns will not be displayed in the front end and thus there will be no extra work for the user. And still there will be exactly 3 free appointment possibilities for each time slot.

I hope this helps,

Cheers,
    Hakan

• Josh McCoy
    • New Recruit

Thanks guys,

I appreciate your quick response. I talked to my client, and communicated to them that setting it up this way would have a potential for their website to be very personable. The social aspect of this would be a unique implementation. On the other hand, I think about the users that do not care what person treats their house or business for pest issues.

With this being said, I would love to see a working example of exactly what you're talking about. I am a visual guy, and sometimes have to see it in action.

Thank you so much.

Josh

• tony_cd
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Can we do this now or next version: Like Hakan said, don't add shortcodes, however, every time an appointment is made, it should be matched against the provider pool in the back end. The pool should be decremented by one until it runs out of provider, then the slot is locked. If client prefers certain provider (i.e. hair/nail service), there should be a remark note to be entered along with it. What do you think?

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi Josh,

We cannot say that it is applicable to 100% of the potential cases, especially if you consider that A+ is intended for *people serving people*, not for trucks or for similar non-workforce related businesses.

Take care and have a nice new year,
    Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.