Appointments plugin capable of split appointments to allow for processing time???

So, this membership was purchased with the intent of being able to use it for a hair salon as expressed in the description of the appointments app. It doesnt appear to have these capabilities and any hair salon would need this so we are very concerned. Example.....Jane books a color appt, 1 hour for color, 1 hour for processing (in this hour they can book an appt with someone different), then the last hour for finishing Jane. Please let me know how this can be done and/or what we can do here. This is a 'must' for an appointment booking system as a salon so this plugin/membership is quite useless without it.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Kerrie,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I think the "hair saloon" used in description was just one of many examples of possible usage for the plugin but of course you're right - if it's used, the plugin should be capable of handling it.

An assumption however was that the single "service" (such as e.g "color application" in case of hair saloon or "tyre inspection" in case of car workshop) is a real "single" service. The scenario you described requires splitting service into a few separate services which would be easily possible in case those services wouldn't that closely connected.

Having said that all, I think the real issue here would be to allow Client to book additional appointment that would "overlap" somehow with another one. This is possible by default. For example:

- there's a "color" service set to 3 hours (so apart from description, there's no separation for "application, processing and finishing")
    - client books that service
    - client gets back to service selection, select another service that's an hour long and books it

So far, this will work out of the box as long as services are created. The challenge however, as I understand it, would be:

1) person (service provider) who was servicing the Client remains "free" during that middle "processing" hour so should be made available for other bookings

2) system should automatically show services available for Client that had already booked "Color" in a way that it wold take into the account booked slots + synchronize "Color" booking slots with "processing" window

Do I get it correctly? I'm not well familiar with specifics of hair saloon's daily workflow/work practices show please correct me if I'm wrong and supplement my assumptions if necessary.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Kerrie,

This is possible to increase capacity for one service provider (with custom function you will find in the FAQ section) or with dummy provider for the same service - but this will increase capacity for whole service. However at this point there is no way to set that "During one service that lasts 3 hours there is free one hour slot".
    This is big customization for plugin and it's beyond the support scope to write it for you (it will take more than 5-10 minutes, https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/support-vs-custom-development/).

Like Adam said - this is one-to-one appointment - despite that you can allow to book more clients appointments for one service it's not possible make automatically free slot in the middle of one appointment. I can only recommend hiring a developer that will help you with that (https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/ )

But I will also move this thread to Features & Feedback section, as this is very interesting idea for our plugin and I think it might be interesting for more members - so they will support it.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.