Appointments+ plugin: Google Calendar sync from A+ to Google to be manually triggered

Hi,

I just setup Google Calendar two-way sync for Appointments+. Sync from A+ to Google works fine. However, there are two issues with Sync from Google to A+ (import).

1. Import only when manually triggered from admin
Import only works when explicitly triggered as an admin through Appointments > Settings > Google Calendar > button "Import and update events from GCal".

Is there a) a way to sync automatically without explicitly needing to trigger it? And b) is there a way that the service providers can do it themselves or can only the admin do it?

2. Imported appointments not assigned to service providers

All imported appointments showing up under "Reserved by GCal" are assigned to "our staff" as a provider even though it should be possible to assign it to the right service provider given the email addresses of the calendars are maintained in their user profiles. How can this be achieved? Am I missing a setting?

Cheers,
Sebastian

• Jude

Howdy Sebastian

Hope all is well with you and welcome to the community !

1. Import only when manually triggered from admin
    Import only works when explicitly triggered as an admin through Appointments > Settings > Google Calendar > button "Import and update events from GCal".

This depends on the API mode you set in the settings. You( and your service providers) should set this to sync ideally ( A+ <-> GCal Synchronization )

b) is there a way that the service providers can do it themselves or can only the admin do it?

This should be possible if you let the service providers set their own working hours. See screenshot.

All imported appointments showing up under "Reserved by GCal" are assigned to "our staff" as a provider even though it should be possible to assign it to the right service provider given the email addresses of the calendars are maintained in their user profiles. How can this be achieved? Am I missing a setting?

This is not currently possible out of the box because of the way the plugin is built

Cheers
    Jude

• Sebastian

Hi,
    thanks for the prompt response.

1. a) I noticed appointments from Google Calendar coming in at some point. I guess there was just a delay during the sync. This can be considered as solved.

1. b) I used the same settings as shown in the response but when a service provider logs in they can't see the "Appointments" menu entry on the left. How can service providers trigger their own sync?

2. This should be a low hanging fruit for developers in the next release. Could you put this on a feature request list at WPMUDEV?

Best regards,
    Sebastian

• Luís

Hi Sebastian ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Firstly, sorry for the delay in the reply.

1. b) I used the same settings as shown in the response but when a service provider logs in they can't see the "Appointments" menu entry on the left. How can service providers trigger their own sync

Service Providers can sync their calendars in "Profile", under the "Appointments +: Google Calendar API" section:

2. This should be a low hanging fruit for developers in the next release. Could you put this on a feature request list at WPMUDEV?

I've just moved this over to our Features and Feedback section, so it can be taken into consideration for the next plugin updates.

Hopefully some other members will show their support for the feature too, the more members that ask for it the sooner it will happen.

Cheers, Luís