Appointments plugin install crashed my wordpress site on Bluehost

Dashboard installed fine, but on the Appointments install, it hung up for a few minutes, then gave 'this page can't be displayed' message. I tried to log back in to wp-admin and it says 'page can't be displayed'. I tried to log in to C-panel and now it says my C-panel session can't be started, and all other subdomains on this account are unavailable. It seems this plugin has crashed my whole Bluehost account...

• Patrick

Hi there @Brent

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard!

I just tried to access your site and get your "coming soon" page, and adding wp-admin to the URL does redirect me to your wp-login.php page. so that would tend to indicate that your site is functioning now.

Please try clearing your browser cache & cookies, and try again.

Also, it's highly unlikely that a simple plugin install would crash your server. This is more likely a server hiccup or configuration issue than a plugin upload issue.

For example, if the install "hung" for a few minutes, there is possibly not enough memory allocated to WordPress and/or not enough time allocated for script execution. Both can corrected however.

Add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

And add the following to your .htaccess file:
    php_value max_execution_time 120

Please do let us know if this helps, and don't hesitate to post again if you need more help with this.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.