Appointments+ plugin is not working

I have installed this plugin and used the Tutorial to set it up and add my appointments. It's all working well on the front end till I pick an appointment. i fill in the form while logged out using another browser (chrome) and after filling in all required fields and clicking the Click Here to Confirm This Appointment Button, nothing happens - the circle is spinning but it never goes to Paypal. I click Cancel on the form but the time that was selected for the appointment is no longer shown as available. Please help :slight_smile:

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Alex,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

It might be an issue with the paypal settings on appointments plus.

Can you please provide me a link to the site and double check the paypal settings on whether they are filled properly or not ?

Make sure there are no spaces in there.

I will also suggest you to please test it out with the default theme to see if your theme is causing any issue.

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi PC hope you don't mind me adding my suggestion.

You may wish to consider temporarily disabling the payment option and testing to see if this works.

Out of interest have you got google calendar enabled?
    If you have have you followed the detailed instructions by clicking the 'i' icon.
    If so have you clicked the 'test connection' to confirm it works?

Regards
    SteveB

• alexm
    • Flash Drive

thanks everyone for the speedy replies!

Yes, I have done all that (above) and Paypal etc, is all correct. I did some further reading andt it seems that there is an issue with this plugin and the ical google calendar integration. Someone else posted in another thread that there is a conflict and that in the meantime this should be turned off in the back end settings.

I tried this and it works like a charm. I hope you can get the calendar feature working because that is a major reason I am using this plugin.

thanks again!

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi Alex,

I can confirm the google calendar integration is working fine on our website, however we don't have the payment option enabled.

There were some issues that were fixed in v1.2.8 but not relating to the problem you are experiencing.

I would suggest the problem you are experiencing is normally down to a GCAL conflict.

One way of testing this is to go to the main 'google calendar' tab and click on the 'test connection' link.

If you have setup google calendars for each service provider you will also need to go to the service provider Wordpress user profile:-

1. and click on the 'test connection'.
    2. and check that each service provider has a unique private key as well as the main calendar.

If you still have problems would it be possible to post a screenshot of the whole 'google calendar' tab and if you have set up a google calendar for each service provider could you also post the google calendar details contained in each service providers Wordpress profile page. This is on the left hand sidebar of the Wordpress dashboard with the title 'User' and is not part of the A+ plug-in.

Regards
    SteveB

• alexm
    • Flash Drive

Hi SteveB

Thanks for your help. I am using the most current version but i don't see a test connections button anywhere in the Google calendar tab or in Users.

Also am m I correct in thinking that we can use EITHER the Button OR the API? The API is not necessary if we are using the simple button method?

Or MUST the API be used to get the whole calendar thing to work?

alex

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi Alex,

I would suggest the google button is only for the client making the appointment to populate their google calendar and not for the business offering the services.

The google API allows for full integration which enables full functionality from A+ to GCAL and part functionality from GCAL to A+.

It would be interesting to see the settings in your main 'google calendar' page to ascertain if this is why you are experiencing problems.

Regards
    SteveB

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Alex,

Sorry for the delay in post as I was away for the weekend.

I tried this and it works like a charm. I hope you can get the calendar feature working because that is a major reason I am using this plugin.

So on your site, PayPal payments are not working while the calendar feature is active ?

Also am m I correct in thinking that we can use EITHER the Button OR the API? The API is not necessary if we are using the simple button method?

API and button are different. API is for integrating it with Service providers calendar and the button is for the users calendar.

Please advise on the PayPal issue, so that if required, I can call the lead developer on this thread and get this sorted out.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya @alexm

Thanks for posting back.

This is certainly working fine on my lab site where the payment is working fine even if add to calendar button is checked.

However, did you check for a plugin conflict ? Perhaps some other plugin on your site is causing a conflict ?

We can test it real quick by using the screenshot attached.

Please advise if you are able to narrow it down to a conflict.

And as I asked in my first response -

Can you please provide me a link to the site and double check the paypal settings on whether they are filled properly or not ?

Cheers, PC

• alexm
    • Flash Drive

Hi guys! thank you!

screenshots are attached, and paypal appears to be working fine as we can make successful payments with the plugin when the calendar feature is turned off.

I am not too sure I want to go through the plugin conflict testing if it's going to mean hours to additional with about 39 plugins - sometimes it's just not worth the time it takes, unfortunately.

can you recommend any tools that do this?

thanks!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Alex,

I am not too sure I want to go through the plugin conflict testing if it's going to mean hours to additional with about 39 plugins - sometimes it's just not worth the time it takes, unfortunately.

can you recommend any tools that do this?

Its just that you have to deactivate all the plugins at once, apart from Appointments+ and check if its working fine with just the Appointments plus plugin active.

That will tell us if there is any plugin conflict or not.

The reason I am asking you to check it with the default theme and just A+ plugin active is that I just tested it on my lab site and the plugin seems to be working fine with or without calendar feature.

And as I asked before

Can you please provide me a link to the site

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

ok those didn't go either just how small do they have to be?

one is 414 kb and the other is 226 kb.

Allowed uploads: gif (5000 KB), gz (5000 KB), jpeg (5000 KB), jpg (5000 KB), pdf (5000 KB), png (5000 KB), txt (5000 KB), zip (5000 KB)

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.