Appointments+ Plugin Notifications

Hello,

I have the Appointments+ plugin. When a user submits an appointment, do all administrators receiving an email notifying them of the appointment and the need to approve it? I can't find a field on the Appointments+ plugin to add email addresses to be notified.

Also, I have a few admins on my site and they aren't receiving emails when a user lodges an appointment.

Thanks,
David

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings David,

Thank you for the great question.

I have the Appointments+ plugin. When a user submits an appointment, do all administrators receiving an email notifying them of the appointment and the need to approve it?

I believe only the relative service provider needs to approve the appointment but will seek clarification to be sure from the lead developer.

I can't find a field on the Appointments+ plugin to add email addresses to be notified.

I would think it would be using the email address used in the providers profile within the WordPress installation.

Also, I have a few admins on my site and they aren't receiving emails when a user lodges an appointment.

I think once again these would only be relative to the actual service provider.

However, to get absolute clarification I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

Notifications (notices for appointments which need to be confirmed) are sent to admin only.

Confirmations are sent to the admin and service provider, if a provider is selected.

Email entered in WordPress Setting>General>E-mail address is used. As you know that field accepts only one email.

To forward those messages to additional people add these codes inside functions.php of your current theme:

function app_forward_mail( $body, $r, $app_id ) {
    // Enter as many emails as you wish and change Subject as required
    wp_mail( array('mail1@example.com','mail2@example.com' ), 'Subject', $body );
    }
    add_action( 'app_notification_sent', 'app_forward_mail', 10, 3 );
    add_action( 'app_confirmation_sent', 'app_forward_mail', 10, 3 );

Cheers,
    Hakan

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

It's probably a good idea to add this functionality to the general settings tab of the plugin.

We were expecting this to be already supported in WP3.5, but it looks like it will happen in the next version.

You see, multiple admin emails should have been already supported by WordPress intrinsically. This requirement is not just limited to A+.

Please feel free to re-open this topic if you meet any problems.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• dozingquinn
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Hakan,

I added the following code, but still did not receive emails to the accounts listed, when a booking was made.

function app_forward_mail( $body, $r, $app_id ) {
    // Enter as many emails as you wish and change Subject as required
    wp_mail( array('sherynn@test.com','jeanne@test.com','david.moloney001@test.com' ), 'Subject', $body );
    }
    add_action( 'app_notification_sent', 'app_forward_mail', 10, 3 );
    add_action( 'app_confirmation_sent', 'app_forward_mail', 10, 3 );
  • aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings David,

Thank you for your additional input and including the code.

I noticed that @Hakan had mentioned to reopen the ticket so we will see it if the code he suggested did not work out for you, which simply meant to put a check mark in the not resolved box below and submit a post of your errors and/or symptoms that you are having.

Therefore in the spirit of letting him know that this issue is indeed not yet resolved, I will mark it as such below.

Thank you for your understanding and I am sure that Hakan will make it back in here soon now that I have reopened the ticket.

Cheers, Joe

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

That is standard wp_mail function and so they should be getting emails if mail function is correctly configured on your server.

Can your admins get emails from your website in any way? For example when someone registers to your website?

Cheers,
    Hakan

• dozingquinn
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Hakan,

Yes the email function for the chief admin (in settings) is working fine and receiving the booking updates. It's just the email addresses on code line 5 & 6 that aren't receiving the booking messages when a user submits a booking.

The plan is for multiple admins to see the message so each can go in and approve the pending booking.

Cheers,
    David

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dozingquinn,

Thank you for letting us know and we may want to try an SMTP plugin if it is still not working as anticipated just to take away the possibility that your host has wp_mail function restrictions.

But we await your results before jumping into that kind of action.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Cheers!
    Tom

• Jayson T. Cote
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

@Hakan, in regards to your forwarding email code snippet, is there a way to identify the appointment status and send an email conditionally? For example:

If ($app_status == 'pending') or 'confirmed' or 'removed' then send this message to this email address?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.