Appointments Plus Question about Group Appointments

Hi,

I am interested in using this plugin for a client that is looking for an appointment booking system for a few different possibilities. Is there a way to allow users to sign up for a group class that only occurs 1 time per week? My client offers both private classes and some group classes, but I cannot figure out how to limit the calendar with the group classes to only show this at a certain day and time. I would like to keep the calendar open at other times for individual appointments, so limiting this fully with the "Working Hours" is not a good choice.

Thanks
Matthew

• Nastia

Hello Matthew Lee

I hope you are doing well today!

First, create a service and set the capacity. In my example, I have set the appointment capacity for 10 people, please see the attached screenshot:

Then, you will have to create another service provider and assign the group appointment service to this service provider.

Navigate to Working Hours tab, select the Servise Provider and set the specific hours for the group appointment.

At the Appointment page you can use the shortcode with autorefresh attribute. This way, once a user will select to book a Group Appointment, the page will be autorefreshed and there will be no need from a user to select a service provider:
    [app_services autorefresh="1"]

Let us know if you require any further assistance!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Michael Bissett

Hey Matthew Lee, Michael here! :slight_smile:

Out of the box, limiting days & times would be done by setting the working hours for a provider, altering that would require custom development. In your case, while the times for a day could be hidden via a combo of CSS & PHP code (CSS for hiding the times, and the PHP code for detecting when that particular service is chosen), the blocking of the days would require a different solution.

And since you mentioned group appointments, I should also note that Appointments+ is designed for 1 on 1 appointments. Inside your site's Dashboard, you'd want to go to:

Appointments -> FAQs

And check out the following entries:

- "What does service capacity mean? Can you give an example?"
    - "I want to accept more than one appointment applications for each time slot. Entering higher numbers in "capacity" field in Services tab does not work. Why?"

For more information on how the capacity system works, and the limitations to bear in mind for this sort of setup.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.