Appointments Plus Shortcodes

Hi team,

I noticed when i customise a title / select on a Shortcode (ie. [app_monthly_schedule title="<h2>Our schedule for START</h2>"]) it seems to print
tags into the rendered html on the site?

Without adding title=/select= parameters - the
tags don't print - curious if something in the code is picking up the <h2> tag and then in the editor it thinks it needs to go on a new line?

Let me know if you've noticed this before

Cheers

Greg

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Greg,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

That is because the HTML is not allowed in the event attribute options. Just add the plain text or one of available option in the event attribute/variable.

Below is the correct shortcode:
    [app_monthly_schedule title="Our schedule for START"]

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Greg
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi mate!

On the shortcodes page - the Appointments instructions say we can use HTML?

Note: As default, all "title" parameters are wrapped with h3 tag. But of course you can override them by entering your own title text, with a different h tag, or without any tag. For example: [app_monthly_schedule title="<h4>My schedule for START</h4>"]

• Alex Stine
    • System Administrator

Hello Greg
    Hope you are well!

Sorry for the confusion on this ticket. You are correct, it is possible to use HTML h tags in the Shortcodes. What you should do is since you are using HTML, the shortcode should be pasted in the Text tab of the Page/Post editor instead of the Visual tab. This will output the Shortcode correctly.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Cheers,
    Alex :smiley:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.