Appointments+ Repeat Customers and Custom Data

Hi there,

The users of my website will be booking in appointments on a very frequent basis so I'm looking for a way to have the site remember them --- I also need to collect some custom data from them that will be fed through in any confirmation emails.

Originally I planned to set this up by having them login to my site, however it seems like registration/login has to be done through wordpress/facebook/twitter etc and that I have no control over setting up fields to collect custom data... Is this correct? (Note* The custom data shouldn't change, i only need to collect it once).

The other way I thought to do this is to collect the data via custom fields in the form that appears once they've chosen a calendar spot. (If you go to my site, you'll see I've already set up these custom fields). I'm not sure how to get the website to remember the user though... ie. next time they come to the site, would that data still be in those same fields?

I have granted you support access.

Thank you!

Julieanne

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Julieanne,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Default Appointments+ fields will be saved in browser even for logged out users until they clear their cache and cookies.

What you can do is some of the plugins that will allow you to create custom registration forms in order to collect desired information, you can try out BuddyPress in combination with Xprofile fields or something like this https://wordpress.org/plugins/profile-builder/screenshots/

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Julieanne

Hi Predrag,

Thanks so much for your quick response :slight_smile:

I've implemented the BuddyPress with Xprofile rileds and that's great in terms of having the user register and be able to login.

Is there a way that I can get these user fields to be included in the smart parks confirmation email though?
    I need this information to be sent through to the Service Provider (and it's fine if the customer also sees it, ie. it appears that the comfirmation email is composed to suit the customer but then the service provider can also be sent a copy -- so I'm attempting to get these additional fields to appear in the confirmation email).

Hopefully that makes sense?

Thanks very much,

Julieanne

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Juleanne!

The BuddyPress with Xproile fields is a really handy tool and I'm sure your site may benefit from it in future. Currently however, there's no feature that would let you use X-profile fields with Appointments+ confirmation e-mails/messages.

This would require a bit of additional code which is beyond my field of expertise. That said, I have asked Appointments+ developer to let me know if this is possible at all and whether we could provide you with such a solution or would it require a custom development work.

Please note though that developer's response time may be a bit longer than ours here on support forum as he deals with a lot of complex issues on daily basis. Please keep an eye on this thread and I'll keep you informed as soon as I get my response.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Julieanne,

Thanks for your patience!

I just got a word from plugin's developer. It seems that should be doable but would require quite an amount of time needed for plugin code review and development. Therefore there's no "quick patch" but rather it should be considered as a feature request.

That said, I'm moving this thread to our "Features and Feedback" forum and hopefully more members of the community will support the idea so the developer would put this on plugin's development roadmap. I'm not able to give you any ETA on this though.

In case you'd need this urgently, you may want to post a question on our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.