[Appointments+] Running List of Services Provided for each Worker is visually cluttered

The latest version of the plugin introduced a new logic for handling the list of Service Providers under Settings –> Service Providers tab
website.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=app_settings&tab=workers

Previously all Services Provided for each Worker were displayed as a MultiSelect. In the new version, they're displayed as a running list, with each service listed on it's own line. In our case we provide Babysitting as a service. Since the sessions can run from 30 min to 24h (in 30 min increments), we have a total of 48 services offered (same service, just 48 durations). To make things more interesting, each one of our service providers (workers) offers all 48 services. With the way that the Service Providers tab is now laid out, that's 48 lines for each worker. Needless to say that's not visually appealing. May I suggest revisiting how services are displayed on this page? Maybe laying out the columns differently and/or letting the Services Provided be listed without the line breaks and wrap it's content?...

• Ash

Hello David @ BBS

Yes, I understand the issue when you have lots of services, this is an example of an exception though.

If you want to get rid of line break and wrap it, please use the following code:

add_action( 'admin_head', function() {
    	?>
    	<style>
    		.services_provided ul li:after {
    			content: ',';
    		}
    		.services_provided ul li {
    			float: left;
    			margin-right: 3px;
    		}
    	</style>
    	<?php
    } );

You can use this code in your child theme's functions.php if the theme is not changed. Otherwise mu-plugin is the best option. To create a mu-plugin, go to wp-content/mu-plugins folder. If there is no mu-plugins folder then, create one. Now, inside the mu-plugins folder create file with name anything.php (make sure file extension is .php). Now start with a <?php tag and then put the above code.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• David @ BBS

Hey Ash,

Thanks for the tip. Sure this is something I can change (and already have) on my end via CSS, but I'm bringing this up as I know I am not the only person using the Appointments plugin on a site that has to handle many different services with different durations. In fact, since Appointments+ doesn't offer a flexible length appointment option (allowing customers to say how long they need the appointment to last), your own colleagues have been suggesting to create multiple services, one for each possible duration length. Just skim through the forums and you'll find dozens of posts from people using the plugin for dental appointments, massage appointments, babysitting, elderly care, etc. All of which will end up with a list of multiple services with dozens of duration lengths each. So this isn't something that's unique to our situation. So again, worth revisiting the design of that page to fix the layout for the possible hundreds users of your plugin that may have the same issue.

Cheers!
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.