Appointments+ running slow and does not work correctly with WP Rocket

On my site I'm using Woocommerce Product Pages these have Appointments+ Short Code typically as follows: [app_monthly_schedule worker="3" service="511"][app_pagination month="1" step="1"][app_confirmation title="Check your details" button_text="Click Here to Complete"].

If the Short Code is inserted in the “Description Tab” of the Product Page Appointments+ works but is very slow and this does not allow WP Rocket to cache or minify the product page.

If I move the Short Code to “Product Short Description” on the Products Page WP Rocket works correctly and the page its very fast.
But now the Appointment fails at the "Fault Description" field and all following fields, an entry has been may during the appointment in the appropriate fields, but an error is produced popup box "The Field Fault Description is Required."

• Colin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

With Short Code inserted into the “Product Short Description” on the Products Page WP Rocket works correctly and the page its very fast.
    The errors received relate to two additional fields that I have added.

If I remove the additional fields appointments work fine and WP Rocket also works.

So in summary the the problem (once again) is with additional fields in the appointment form.
    But I would like to have the additional fields feature working correctly.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Colin,
    Hope you are doing good today!

Does that additional fields works for you on pages other than products page ?

On this product page, it worked fine for me with additional fields.

Is there any specific additional field ? Also what is the type of that field ?

If you could enable support staff access then it would be helpful for me to take a closer look. To grant access go to WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Access or see this manual.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Colin

Hi Sajid
    Thanks for your reply.

I have removed the "Additional Fields" and in the process of moving short codes to the “Product Short Description”.
    The product you tried still has the short code on the “Description Tab” .

If you try any of the buttons on this Url http://mobilephonerepairs.nz/iphone-6-repair-options/ you will find the appointment page comes up very quickly - you may have to load two times to see the cache effect.
    Also the Page Source code will show that the page is been loaded by WP Rocket - Cache and Minify working. At this stage only the IPhone 6 Repair Options have been moved to the “Product Short Description” section.
    Any other Repair Product will still be very slow loading.

I do have WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin activated, however I do not get
    WPMU DEV Dashboard options on the left hand side menu bar - so can not give support access.

• Colin

Hi

I have returned my website to its slow working state and have documented below three conditions that I have tried with mixed results.
    Basically 1 and 2 Appointments+ works, but is very slow loading, caching software WP Rocket does not work on either page.
    Condition 3 is very slow, caching software WP Rocket works, but has Appointments+ errors.

1. Created a standard PAGE
    URL http://mobilephonerepairs.nz/rear-housing-silver-iphone-6/
    With the Appointments+ Short Code,
    Does load slowly
    No Appointment errors.
    WP Rocket does not Cache or Minify this page.

2. Woocommerce Product page “Description Tab”.
    This URL http://mobilephonerepairs.nz/product/rear-housing-silver-iphone-6/
    Has the same Appointments+ Short Code inserted into the “Description Tab”.
    This is very very slow to load.
    WP Rocket does not Cache or Minify this part of the product page.

3. Woocommerce Product page “Product Short Description”
    This URL http://mobilephonerepairs.nz/product/test-example/
    Has the same Appointments+ Short Code inserted into the “Product Short Description”
    This is very slow to load
    WP Rocket does Cache or Minify this part of the product page making it very fast.

Appointment errors on this page.

a. Additional Fields not working correctly.
    b. Fault Details and Device Code, get error saying that details are required, this message occurs if the field is blank or populated.
    c. Cancel button does not work
    d. There is no exit from this form.

Would appreciate some help or direction with this, condition 3 is my preferred option

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Colin

Please note, multiple posts inside a thread, will move the thread at the end of the queue. Since we treat all of our tickets from the latest to the newest , our response will be delayed.

I am sorry to hear that you decide to try out another plugin. Please feel free to re-open this thread if you needed.

Have a nice day and take care!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.