[Appointments+] See who booked

Is it possible for others to see who has booked the appointment – bt for example hover the mouse over the appointment ?

rgds

Leo

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Leo

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Yes, it's possible :slight_smile:

There's an add-on built-in into the plugin that does just that. To activate it, please go to the "Appointments -> Settings -> Add-ons" page and find the "Show Scheduled Users" add-on there, then activate it.

Once that's done, it will show usernames of the users that booked given time slot – for the time slots that are fully booked (not available already) – when you hover over such an unavailable booking slot.

For example, here is the an information that "adam" booked "Service A" for 11am on Aug 26th:

Best regards,

Adam

• Leo
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks for your prompt reply – but it doesn’t work. I have a feeling that these users must be established in the system, and not as I do right now where anyone can book by just giving their email address.

also is there any way you automatically can activate the show available times, so you only have to choose ressource, and then it shows available times ?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Leo

I have a feeling that these users must be established in the system, and not as I do right now where anyone can book by just giving their email address.

It doesn’t require user to be an existing/logged in WP user on your site. It would also work with “freely booked” appointments (so booked without creating/logging in account on site). However:

– it only shows “usernames” so if only e-mail is provided but not name (in the booking form) it won’t show such users

– it only shows usernames for time slots that are fully booked and are not “completed” yet

To give you an example, let’s say there’s “Service 1” service that is provided by three service providers so it can be booked by three users for the same booking time slot. Now, until all the three available slots are booked, it won’t be showing any user names there. It will also stop showing them if it’s past the time (even the same day but already after the booking slot time has passed away).

I understand that you’d like to show such list regardless of any “conditions” there then, right? This would require some custom coding, I’m afraid, and might be outside the scope of this support. However, I have asked our developers to take a look at it and see if we could provide some sort of a simple “extension” to existing add-on to show “every” user that booked.

I’m not able to promise anything at this stage but hopefully that shouldn’t be that complex so we’ll update you here when we got some feedback on this from our developers.

also is there any way you automatically can activate the show available times, so you only have to choose ressource, and then it shows available times ?

Yes. You can edit the booking page and add “autorefresh” attribute to app_services shortcode there like this:

[app_services autorefresh="1"]

With that attribute user will only need to select service from the list and the calendar will then be automatically reloaded to reflect schedule for this services – no need to click the “show available times” button.

Best regards,

Adam

• Leo
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi again Adam

I gave inserted the autirefresh and it works perfectly – but even how much I do I cannot see the booked users. If you for example go to the site https://vigtennisklub.dk/banebooking, and choose court 1 “Bane 1” and look at 31st August – you will see that it will not show username, and probably it is because I have it set up to not require log in, and that means that it will not ask for user name in the booking formular. Probably that is why I can’t see it ?

And by the way the slot I am talking about is fully booked.

rgds

Leo

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Leo

I just made a booking on your site to test it (as “Adam WPMU” so please remove it so I wouldn’t block any spots) and you’re right – name’s not showing up.

It is not required to force users to login for this to work. It should be working with this kind of booking as well. I have tested this before telling you about it so I’m confident that login is not required.

However, since it’s not working there must be either some other aspect (related to configuration) that I missed (it was never really a popular feature of this plugin) or there’s something else on site that’s interfering with it. I’d be happy to check that for you but I’d need to be able to access the site and check plugin/site configuration for this.

That said, could you please enable support access to it so I could do it? To enable it, please go to the “WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access” page in site’s back-end and click on “Grant support Access” button there, then let me know here once it’s enabled as I won’t be notified automatically.

I’ll then access the site and check what’s happening.

Meanwhile, I’m still waiting for some feedback from our developers about that possible extension to the add on to make it work more like you want it to. Please note though that this might take some time (if doable).

Best regards,

Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Leo

Thanks for granting access!

I checked the site and yes, that definitely doesn’t work there the way it should. I’m suspecting some sort of conflict (either with the theme or with some other plugin) But since it’s a live site I didn’t run a conflict test.

It would be good to run it though: switch site to Twenty Nineteen theme temporarily and disable all the plugins except Appointments+ then see if those names start appearing.

If yes, start enabling your plugins back one by one after each one checking the calendar. Then at the end switch back to your theme. If names are showing up with everything off but at any point they stop showing up again – that points to the specific plugin (or a theme) that was enabled just before that.

We could see then why this is conflicting and if we could provide solution. I’ve also passed that information to our developers meanwhile to see if we would be able to deliver some other way to achieve what you wish.

To sum it up: it’d be great if you could perform such test and let me know about results and we’ll also update you here when we get feedback from our developers.

Best regards,

Adam

• Alessandro
    • Staff

Hi Leo,

We created a fix for you, so you can preview people who booked the appointment without being full.

You can add the above snippet in a mu-plugin. If you are not familiar with mu-plugins, you can read more about them here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/

You can download you plugin here:

https://gist.github.com/wpmudev-sls/4f1e3cac80c57f02471e3f97287bc4a9

By clicking Download ZIP on the upright part, then unzip and upload it to your mu-plugins directory.

The image below demonstrates the hover action.

As we do comprehensive tests on our code, sometime we may miss something, if so, report it to assist you further.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.