Appointments sending cancelled email instead of confirmation

Hello,
I have a wrong issue with Appointments+ regarding email.
Auto confirmation is set to off, I enabled confirmation email for both service provider and client. Also, the Disable pending appointments setting is set to 720 minutes.
When I try to request an appointment, both client and admin (regarding service provider I'm not sure as I didn't run all the tests myself) receive the "Appointment cancelled" email, even though on the wordpress admin the appointment is in Pending state like it should be. I didn't find any option regarding customization of confirmation email. Could you provide any help?

Thank you.

• Rupok

Hi François

Hope you had a wonderful day.

When I try to request an appointment, both client and admin (regarding service provider I'm not sure as I didn't run all the tests myself) receive the "Appointment cancelled" email

I tried to regenerate the issue on your site, I booked an appointment, but no email came to my email address. So can't actually confirm what's happening there. I tried to regenerate the issue on my test site but I could not regenerate either. Proper emails are being sent to both. So it's not a plugin bug, rather there is something on your site which might be causing this. Can you please do a plugin conflict test just to make sure no other plugin is causing this? Chances are really low, but if you could regenerate it in a fresh installation, that would help us in troubleshooting the process. To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this article: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/
    Please let us know the result.

I didn't find any option regarding customization of confirmation email

Please go to "WordPress Dashboard > Appointments > Settings" and then scroll down to "Notification Settings". There you can edit your Confirmation email Message, Reminder email Message and Removal Notification Email Message. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Please let us know if you still have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

• François

Hi Rupok,
      I did a couple of other tests, with current configuration and with almost all other plugins deactivated (the last one was WP Job Manager).

As a client: I request an appointment, I don't get any email until appointment is confirmed (I guess it's the intended behavior, so it's ok).

As a service provider: client makes an appointment I receive an email with the title "An appointment requires your confirmation", a string that I translated. But the email's body is:

Cancelled appointment has an ID 24 for 29 avril 2016 0 h 00 min.

Definitely must be a plugin issue. Also, this email is not editable through the settings. Is there a template I can overwrite in a child theme or something?
      Then, after confirmation, I receive a copy of the client's email.

As an admin: that is interesting because the first email has the same title (An appointment requires your confirmation) but the body is:

The new appointment has an ID 24 and you can edit it clicking this link: http://url/wp-admin/admin.php?page=appointments&type=pending

So, there must be a reason why admin gets a different email than the service provider. Also, I don't mind admin receives link to wp-admin but how to make sure service providers never get those and instead receives a link to his front-end account? It's kind of the same question regarding custom templating.
      The second email, after confirmation of the appointment is the same as the service provider.

Thank you

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello François,

I've done some testing on my lab site and I was able to confirm that service provider is receiving mail with wrong content:

Cancelled appointment has an ID 35 for 29 April 2016 08:00.

I'm marking this as bug and letting developer know about that issue. I will update thread as soon as there will be feedback from developer or he will provide patch for this bug.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.