Appointments+ Setting price by service provider and price

Hi

I need to set a unique price for each service provider and price. Basically I need this:

Service provider 1 base price = £50
Service 1 (Service provider 1) = £50
Service 2 (Service provider 2) = £100

Service 2 is always double the price of service 1.

How can I set this up in appointments plus? Currently I can set a base price for each service and then an additional price for each service provider. This doesn't work with the current set up. Is there no way for me to declare that Service 2 should be double the cost of Service 1?

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there @Daniel, how are you doing today?

The correct way to do that would be to set additional price with the service provider for that current service but since you say that this is not possible with your current setup an alternative to that would be to create separate service which would cost £100.

By doing that you can assign first service provider to service 1 which costs £50 and second service provider to service 2 which costs £100.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there @Daniel,

Could you please add more information on your current setup and what you're looking to do so we can think of a way of doing this.

Alternatively you could grant me temporary admin access so I can take a look. You can find more info on how to do that by following this link:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Daniel Lee

Hi @bondzany

I'll give you an overview of what I want.

We have multiple service providers. We also have 2 types of service, based on duration. Service A lasts 25 minutes, Service B lasts 50 minutes. Each service provider can set their own price on the front-end.

Currently, the plugin allows you to set (from admin) the price of each service, then you can also add an additional cost for each service provider, but this won't work with my set up.

I always need Service B to be double what service A is, though this is dependent on the service providers price. The current set up doesn't allow you to set a different price for each service by service provider. Ideally, the situation would be, each service has a price of 0, and then for each service by service provider I would then set the price.

E.g.

Service provider A sets a base price of £50. So, for service A their price is £50 and for service B their price is £100.

Service provider B sets a base price of £75, so for service A their price is £75 and for service B their price is £150.

With the way the plugin currently seems to work, I would need to create service A and B each time for each service provider. This doesn't seem very efficient.

I have given access to the plugin, but please do not overwrite any plugin files as I have made some changes to the way the plugin displays on the front end.

• Bojan Radonic

Hey again @Daniel,

Thank you for the clarification. Unfortunately making such setup is not possible out of a box in the current version of the plugin, it would require making modifications to the plugin. Since this is an interesting idea I'll move this thread to features and feedback so other members can vote on it and if it proves to be popular we'll consider adding it into the future versions of the plugin.

Also, if you need to customize this then you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

Best regards,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.