Appointments+ stopped working since the update

Hi Guys,
You might remember me, we spent weeks building an Appointment system into the Marketpress system for my site.
I did the updates today and now its not working at all!

http://www.sama-partiesinc.co.uk/product/booking/

Please can you advise on whats happened here?

This is copied from the support forum where I have receive no support!
There is other information I later post on that thread that may help?
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/appointments-has-stopped-working-since-the-update?replies=6#post-955006

• Brian

Hey Kasia, I see there has been another update to MarketPress this week, so I updated it and the appointment booking booking section now works to some extent, it now allows people to click on a date and select an appointment, this then adds the appointment to a cart, which now shows in the top right of the screen with the new update, however this is meant to auto redirect to the 'product' page for the appointment so the client can add additional services (products).

Also, when I click on the new "View cart" option on the top right of the screen is doesnt take the user anywhere.

Maybe we need to work out why the code that was added on this page no longer works and try to correct it?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/change-add-to-cart-button-to-continue-to-cart-after-click#post-911532

Failing that can I revert back to the plugin versions when the site worked? Wishing I never updated now, this site is useless now and a lot of time was invested into it. :slight_frown:

• Brian

I also see the Branding plugin has now been updated and its also lost all my previous work and the facebook like box has also stopped working, everything was perfect before the updates, I cant believe the Branding update has erased all my work before, should that information be stored somewhere safe like a database and not within the plug itself??

Im totally shocked at how destructive these updates have been to my site! I shouldn't have to rebuild the site after an update.

Can someone please contact me directly?

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Brian,

I'm very sorry that you have all this troubles.

I also see the Branding plugin has now been updated and its also lost all my previous work

What kind of change did you make? Did you change plugin code? Any data that is set in dashboard should not disappear after the update.

Also, when I click on the new "View cart" option on the top right of the screen is doesnt take the user anywhere.

Please, go to the "Store Settings" -> Presentation -> Store Pages section (at the bottom) - there you have to relate exiting pages to store pages and if you don't have them, you will see button to create them.
    After that and saving you will see that your cart will work.

Failing that can I revert back to the plugin versions when the site worked?

Yes, you can. On every plugin page there is link Changelog - when you click it, you will see list of every plugin version. You can download old one and upload it through the FTP and override the files from new plugins.
    Before you do any of this action, before any update or rollback please, be sure you have working backup of your site.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Brian

Hi Kasia,
    Firstly - thanks for all this info!

I didn't change anything on the Ultimate Branding plug, I simply updated it.
    The facebook error was my mistake, facebook was actually down yesterday in some places of the world hence it not working, my mistake! Apologises for that!

I have decided to revert to older versions of the plugs but that still isn't working, Maybe I have not gone back far enough to the versions I need, so can you please find out which versions of the following plugs were current on 10th of June 2015:
    Marketpress, Appointments+ and Ultimate Branding.

Then I can see if this is where Im going wrong right now.

Just so you know, this was the working mechanic for this site we spent quite some time working on:
    Basically the site is supposed to take the user directly to the shopping cart after they have selected an appointment time, here on the booking-product page they could see the other add-on products they could add to their appointment. This is what the code in the header facilitated.

At the moment the user is allowed to pick an appointment, but then the appointment page just refreshes, even when I manually click 'add to cart' the appointment shows in the cart widget but clicking on it goes nowhere, the appointment page just keeps refreshing.

The Ultimate branding edits I had made have not reappeared using the old version I have reverted to, mainly on the appointment page where I had changed "Please select a service" to "Please select a theme" and "Please select a service provider" to "Please select a venue" I can off course just re-do this work quite easily, so the only thing I really need help with is getting the Appointment and Store integration working again with the auto direct to the cart after making the appointment time.

If you can find out those versions current at the 10th of June, I will check i have reverted to the correct ones, before we try anything else. A little suggestion for the change-log section, maybe the dates the new versions went live could be added to the change-logs on the site to help people identify the version they require? maybe theres a good reason the date isn't on there, just an idea I had.

I have also granted Support access once again on the site incase you need it.

Thanks, Brian.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Brian,

Basically the site is supposed to take the user directly to the shopping cart after they have selected an appointment time, here on the booking-product page they could see the other add-on products they could add to their appointment.

I don't think you need that code any more in the new MarketPress because it don't show any more "Add to cart" but "Please, proceed to checkout." and with it user is taken to the cart.
    However if you want to redirect users after the confirmation of the appointment, you can use this code in the Header and Footer plugin.

<?php
    	if (is_page(263)) {
    	   	echo '<script type="text/javascript">
    	jQuery(function($){
    				$(document).on("click", ".appointments-confirmation-button", function() {
    		    setTimeout(function(){location.href="http://www.sama-partiesinc.co.uk/store/shopping-cart/"} , 2000);
    		});
    	});
    </script>';
    	}
    ?>

This is code for new MarketPress.

A little suggestion for the change-log section, maybe the dates the new versions went live could be added to the change-logs on the site to help people identify the version they require?

Huh, I think dates are visible to staff only :slight_frown:

Versions released before the 10th of June 2015:
    - Appointments+: June 9, 2015 - version 1.4.8
    - Ultimate Branding: April 29, 2015 - version 1.8.1.4
    - MarketPress: April 2, 2015 - version 2.9.6.2

This thing with updating Ultimate Branding and loosing data it shouldn't happen. Data is stored in the database, so updating should not remove it. It's hard to tell what happen there and we don't have other members with this issue, so it could be one time thing.
    It would be best if you backup your site before you do any other actions - just in case.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Brian

Hey Kasia,
    Ok Ive tried two ways to get this to work.

1) I updated the plugins to all the latest versions and didnt add anything to the header/footer. This didnt work at all, you cant even select the "Next Month" button on the product/booking page.

2) I reverted all the plugins to the ones you noted (when the site was made and worked fine). This also didnt work, the same problem as with the first attempt, the 'Next Month" button not working.

Please can somebody dedicate some time to me to get this problem sorted, This posting comments on here and waiting several days is really frustrating.

I have activated the support access for the fourth time now. This problem caused by the updates was first posted on September the 15th, It is now the 29th and Im no closer to getting the site working.

Thanks, Brian.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Brian,

I'm sorry this not working, but it's due to conflict with your theme scripts. Did you also update theme or downgrade it?
    If this is possible send me credentials to your site and will change code of the theme to not interfere with our plugins buttons. You can do that by using our secure contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Subject: "Attn: Kasia Swiderska"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Brian,

Please check your site. I've disabled script conflicting with Appointments and add code that is doing redirect to the shopping cart after confirmation of appointment.
    I also did configure new MarketPress - I had to create MarketPress pages from scratch. I've made also backup of your site using the Duplicator plugin - in case you need it in the future it's still installed but not activated.
    If you want to do regular backups, you can also use our plugin Snapshot https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/

Kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.