Appointments+ Test Connection Failure

Hi there,

I'm getting the following error trying to test the connection in Appointments+, "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at /var/sites/i/ionasdressmaking.com/public_html/wp-admin/includes/template.php:1642)
in /var/sites/i/ionasdressmaking.com/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 876"

I've treid changing the theme to default, deactivating plugins. Can you help ?

Thanks

• subtlerod
    • New Recruit

I can manually sync by hitting "Import and Update Events Now" and that imports any entries from the relevant google calendar but the "Test Connection" link leads to:
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/sites/i/ionasdressmaking.com/public_html/wp-admin/includes/template.php:1642) in /var/sites/i/ionasdressmaking.com/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 876

876 on pluggable.php is "header("Location: $location", true, $status);"

1642 on template.php is "<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" class="ie8 <?php echo $admin_html_class; ?>" <?php do_action('admin_xml_ns'); ?> <?php language_attributes(); ?>>"

Any assistance or pointers you can provide would be appreciated.
    Thanks

• aristath
    • Recruit

The Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by....... message occurs when there's a space or a blank line before the opening <?php of a file, or after the closing ?> of the file.

Have you made any changes to the plugin files or the theme's functions.php file?

• subtlerod
    • New Recruit

Hi thanks for your response.

No, no changes made directly to the file. I looked at the wp-config.php to ensure no spaces but could not find any issues. Should I have checked the functions.php ? I'll check the functions.php in 1 hour when I get home. Are there any others I should check ?

I've just deleted the plugin and reinstalled it from the WPMU Dashboard. I'll see how that gets on with a newly created Google API key.

Thanks

• subtlerod
    • New Recruit

Hi there,

OK. So I've re-setup the plugin and tested the "Import and Update Events Now" successfully however the "Test Connection" link still leads to the same error.

Until I get this working I am going to use the twentyeleven theme. I've checked the functions.php file there. Whilst there was a new line at the end of the file, removing it has made no difference to the current situation.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

• subtlerod
    • New Recruit

OK

I'm trying to set up a appointment calendar that syncs to a google calendar.

The "Import and Update Events Now" function has successfully imported 3 test events from the google calendar.

I'm now trying the "Test Connection" at the foot of the google calendar set up in appointments+ settings (Clicking this link will attempt to connect your GCal account and write a sample appointment which lasts 30 minutes and starts 10 minutes after your current server time. If there are some setting or connection errors, you will be informed about them.)

When I click this it advises, "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/sites/i/ionasdressmaking.com/public_html/wp-admin/includes/template.php:1642) in /var/sites/i/ionasdressmaking.com/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 876"

I would like users wordpress appointment requests to sync to the google calendar and visa versa.

Thanks

• subtlerod
    • New Recruit

Thanks for your response. No that was set correctly. The problem was the hosting had been set up in a preview mode with the url mydomain.com.myhostingprovider.co.uk

Once I sorted that the test connection feature worked.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards
    Rod

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.