Appointments+ Testing, Bugs and Issues

ISSUE: Instructions for API setup say: "Create a new project using the left side pane. Name the project as Appointments+"
- The current/new GCal API setup process (Cloud Console) throws up an error when trying to name the API project with the 'plus' symbol (see attached screen grab). The old console for setting up API projects doesn't have this error.

The rest of the process seems to proceed without errors. However once the settings are saved, when you click the link to test the settings, there is no message to confirm or deny that the settings worked.

Also, when you go and set up an appointment, the plugin records the appointment internally, and the emails are sent to the recipient and the service provider. However, the appointment is not sent to the service provider's Google Calendar.

This could have to do with the fact that the new consoler is breaking this connection?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

  • Patrick

    Hey there @samswenson

    Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard!

    ...error when trying to name the API project with the 'plus' symbol

    Agreed, that message suggesting the name for the Google project could be modified in the instructions to prevent confusion and such errors. It is actually only a suggestion; you can name your project anything you like. :slight_smile:

    ...once the settings are saved, when you click the link to test the settings, there is no message to confirm or deny that the settings worked.

    Do you not see the alert at the top of the plugin settings page as in the screenshot below?

    ...the appointment is not sent to the service provider's Google Calendar.

    For that to work automatically, you must set "Allow Service Providers for Google Calendar API Integration" to "Yes".

    Then each service provider must set up their own accounts following the steps as listed in the Gcal instructions in the plugin, and you will need to upload their key files yourself using FTP.

  • samswenson

    Thanks for the reply,

    No success messages at the top.

    I have also tried it without any service providers entered into the system (just to simplify my testing) and still no luck with either seeing a success message when testing the settings, and no entries are made to the default calendar.

    I have the 'Add Google Calendar Button' option checked to "no" if that matters at all. But I figured that was only on the client side of the scheduling.

    Just to make sure, I have tried it with two separate GCal accounts to ensure that I am not doing something wrong or that my GCal settings or account details aren't getting in the way. I tried one account using the new GCal console, and then another with the old API project setup tool. Both produce the same results.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.