Appointments+ time zone when new day becomes available?

We have Appointments+ set to allow appointments to be scheduled 90 days in advance. It seems to open up the next available day at 8 pm (20:00). We assumed it would happen at midnight.

The only reason I can figure why it would happen at 8 pm is maybe the time zone? We are at UTC-5, which is currently 4 hours behind GMT due to daylight savings time. 8 pm to us is midnight GMT. Is there a setting we can change so the next available day will open up at midnight in our time zone?

Thanks for your help. We have an angry customer who was waiting until midnight, when we told him the day would be available, and then someone else went in at 8:15 and snapped up the appointment he wanted. Midnight seems like a natural assumption and we'd like to avoid future confusion.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Lisa,

Hope you're doing well today!

Are you on a multisite? Can you make sure that the timezone for that specific subsite(or main site) is set to UTC -5 :slight_smile:

If that still doesn't work, then it sounds like it might be using your server time instead of the time set in WP. To confirm your server timezone you can place this in a file then upload it to your root directory:

<?php
    echo 'Time zone is: '.date_default_timezone_get();

Save the file as something like "time-zone.php" then after uploading it, navigate to domain.com/time-zone.php

Look forward to hearing back on this!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Lisa,

Hope you're doing well today! It actually should be using your sites time settings from what I understand. It's working correctly in my case, it could be a server side issue that it's forcing to your server time instead. If you're able to change the timezone on your server then that would be a quick fix :slight_smile:

If you're still having this issue, just let us know and we can look further into it. Sorry for the delay!

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. If you can grant support access that would help too.

You can grant support access via admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.