Appointments+ tweaks - Currency, Location Map, Service Provider to see only own pending app.

Dear WPMU Dev Team,
I am currently using Appointments+ plugin in a test site which I'd like to develop for several customers which will share the same booking website. The idea is that each of them should have a dedicated page where their customers can select the service, get the available time-slots and complete the booking.

So far I achieved this with
[app_services worker="2"][app_monthly_schedule][app_confirmation]

Though, I have some issues:
- I cannot change the currency - I was able to found the workaround option from the payment section, however there is no option there for RON; curently the price needs to be informative only, there is no need to use the payment gateways...
- how can I display a Google map embedded below the booking form? I'd like to have this based on the Service Provider location which I already configured - the Google Maps plugin was added.
- I'd like to enable the Service Providers to confirm their pending appointments - however when they are trying to access the webpage "http://www.ak-tat.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=appointments&type=pending" I noticed that are able to see each others appointments and this is definitely not a good thing - there is a way to mitigate this?

P.S.: I've enable the support access

Thank you for your support!
Catalin

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Catalin,

Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

- I cannot change the currency - I was able to found the workaround option from the payment section, however there is no option there for RON; curently the price needs to be informative only, there is no need to use the payment gateways...

I'm afraid that Appointments+ doesn't have RON as a currency at this moment but since you're not going to make payments directly from site we can use that the plugin is translation ready and change the value that way.
    You can do that by installing Ultimate Branding plugin and activate its Text Change module.
    Set it up like this and that will do the trick for you:

- how can I display a Google map embedded below the booking form? I'd like to have this based on the Service Provider location which I already configured - the Google Maps plugin was added.

You can create new page for your service/provider and in that page add map with the service/provider location.

After that go to Appointments > Settings and in Service or Worker tabs select that page as a description page.
    Now in your appointment page add a shortcode that include description, for example for your service it will look like this:
    [app_services description="content"]

- I'd like to enable the Service Providers to confirm their pending appointments - however when they are trying to access the webpage "http://www.ak-tat.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=appointments&type=pending" I noticed that are able to see each others appointments and this is definitely not a good thing - there is a way to mitigate this?

Your providers don't require admin account or access to that page, that page will show all of the pending appointments and it will not filter it based on provider.
    What you can do is set provider as subscriber account and then they can go to their profile page in backend which will show only his appointments where they can confirm it without seeing other provider appointments.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Catalin C

Hi Predrag,
    Thank you for your prompt support!

The Branding plugin solved the currency issues (awesome plugin, by the way).
    Regarding the map, I couldn't figured it out via the appointments options, but I realized that there is a simpler way - I created a map and inserted directly the tag under the appointment ones: [map id="1"]. I got what I wanted and everything is fine now!

However, with regards to the users, the service provider accounts were added as subscribers - though it seems that even so, when the subscriber logs in to the back-end, in the Appointments section it sees the others appointments as well...
    This does not happen in its Profile section, where there are only the own appointments - so it seems that only the plugin page has this issue.
    Thanks
    Catalin

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Catalin,

I'm afraid that if you allow your subscribers access to Appointment menus there's no option to hide other appointments from them.

There could be a workaround but that would require some custom coding.
    What you would need to do is access Appointments menu with your subscriber worked and filter the appointments only to that user, the URL would look something like this:
    http://domain.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=appointments&type=active&orderby=ID&order=DESC&s&app_new_status&app_service_id&app_provider_id=2&filter_action=Filter&paged=1

Now you would need to create new admin menu item that goes to that URL.
    Not sure if Admin Menu Editor plugin has this option or you would need to create it manually based on this guide:
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Administration_Menus

Then you can use Admin Menu Editor to hide the original Appointments menu and leave only the custom one you've created.

And last thing would be to add some CSS applied to that user in order to hide the filter field from Appointments page so he can't change it in order to see other appointments.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.