Appointments+ two way sync issues

I have been able to connect with my Google Calendar and the "Test Connection" link successfully updated the calendar at the Google end. However, syncing the other way does not appear to be working. I updated my calendar in Google to block off a spot of time and the changes are not being reflected in the Appointments+ web page. These time slots are still being shown as available.

I've double checked and the Integration Mode drop down menu is set to A+ <-> GCal (Synchronization). So I'm not sure why two way sync is not working.

• Patrick

Hi there @Karl

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard!

Importing stuff from Google calendar is triggered by CRON and occurs at intervals not less than 10 minutes. As CRON requires traffic on the front-end of your site and if your site is still in development, it may not trigger as frequently as one might hope. :slight_smile:

Does clicking the "Import and Update Events Now" link successfully import calendar data?

• Karl

Hi Patrick,

Thank you so much for the prompt response. Feeling a little sheepish here. Turns out I had blocked off time outside of stated working hours, so of course, it wasn't showing up in the Appointments+ calendar. Sorry for the mistake.

I do have one more question however. What problems does one encounter if the primary google calendar is used instead of a newly created calendar for the purposes of Appointments+? I would much rather use the primary to avoid superfluous calendars and to avoid accidentally updating the wrong calendar and Appointments+ not being updated as a result.

• PC

Hello there Karl,

Glad you got that sorted out :slight_smile:

What problems does one encounter if the primary google calendar is used instead of a newly created calendar for the purposes of Appointments+?

That should not be a problem if you are using the primary calendar. The only reason a specific calendar is suggested is that we can avoid any other applicaiton using the same calendar. That helps us make sure that the A+ and google calendar are synced correctly.

With the primary calendar, chances are that you might have allowed some other applications to use that calendar and if you enter anything in that calendar, it will be synced to the Appointments calendar.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.