appointments+ used as accommodations booking

hello,

i would like to use appts+ as an accommodation booking system.
the venue has 4 different rooms, with different numbers of beds.

please help me out of my misery.
shall i set the rooms up as services, or service providers?
and then i use the Shared Resources add on to set the capacity of the rooms?

:slight_smile:

i would also like to offer a repayment of the deposit / fee, ONLY when you cancel more than - let's say - a week before the actual accommodation booking?

how do i do that?

thanks.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Symi,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

i would like to use appts+ as an accommodation booking system.
    the venue has 4 different rooms, with different numbers of beds.

please help me out of my misery.
    shall i set the rooms up as services, or service providers?

Actually for this kind of setup you will require 4 services and 4 service providers, you can use 3 dummy provider if you want all emails to be sent to same provider.

Each service will be one room, for example, "Room with 4 beds" will be one service, "Room with 3 beds" will be second service and so on.
    Now create 4 service providers and assign them one service each.

That's it, no need for shared resources since each room has it's own provider and will be treated separately.

i would also like to offer a repayment of the deposit / fee, ONLY when you cancel more than - let's say - a week before the actual accommodation booking?

This is not something possible within the plugin and would require a lot custom changes to make it work.
    My suggestion would be to add a note somewhere on your site saying that cancellation will be refunded only if it's cancelled at least one week before booking, and then refund manually once you get cancelation confirmation.

Or, if you need to customize this then you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/
    Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Symi

Hi Predrag - thanks for answering my questions!

I have to add to the problem description just a little bit.

So - in the room that can accommodate 2 people, we'd have 1 booking for 2, because it's a double bed.
    In the room that can accommodate 6 people, bookings may come in for 1, or 2 people at a time, as it's a backpackers.

How would I implement that?

have a fun day too, Predrag.
    And thanks for quick help!

Symi

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Symi!

I can think of two case scenarios here.

"Generall" room which can be booked "on beds basis", by different non-associated people

Assuming you have a room with 4 beds and then someone may book either 4 beds at once, 4 different people can book 4 single beds or any other combination:

Predrag's setup should work fine. Please note that each service has a "Capacity" parameter. In this case setting it to 4 will allow up to four single bookings for this service, hence the "4 beds Room". Of course you may want to add a description note saying something like "Please note that single booking means booking single bed in this room.".

A "hotel like" room where there's only one booking for room but price differs upon number of beds booked

Let's say that there's a 2 bed room that cannot be booked by 2 different people at the same time. The price is e.g. $5 if it's a booking for two people and $4 if one persons books entire room (two beds).

This scenario requires additional service. You'd want to create "2 bed Room - single person" and "2 bed Room - two people" services and set "capacity" for both to 1. Then you just "tie" this services with each other via "Share resources with".

I realize it's just an example but I hope you get the idea :slight_smile: In case you need any further assistance, please let us now!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.