Appointments+ UX Question: Paying for Pending Appointments

Hi There,
After reading through the shortcodes docs I realized that pending appointments don't show by default on the my-appointments page (a UX fail IMHO)
So I changed the default shortcode to [app_my_appointments allow_cancel="1" status="paid, confirmed, pending, completed, reserved"]
But now I noticed an issue: There's no button in the My_appointments table for users to easily pay for a pending appointment.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @web123, I hope you are doing well today!

I have the same behavior on my sandbox installation with this shortcode.

The solution here is to integrate the Appointments+ plugin with MarketPress plugin.
    Once you install and activate the plugin,setup the payments gateway and in Appointments > Settings > Add-ons enable the "Appointments in product cart" add-on. Navigate to General tab > Payment Settings section and check the
    - Integrate with MarketPress option and,
    - Auto-add appointments into cart

Now, all the appointments will be added to Marcketpress Shopping Cart.

You can place the short-code on My Appointments page:
    [mp_cart_widget title="Checkout" custom_text="Please proceed to the cart"]
    So the user will see right away his unpaid appointments and that he needs to proceed to checkout

If the user hasn't paid for pending appointments, there is an option in General tab:
    - Disable pending appointments after min. You can set the time there to disable an unpaid appointment after some time.

I hope this helps!Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Cheers,
    Nastia

• uxwebtech
    • The Bug Hunter

This isn't really a solution for my users, because it adds numerous steps to the UX flow. All we need to do here is add a button next to cancel which says Pay and sends the user to PayPal to complete the transaction. No Carts, no proceeding, no extra steps.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Bennyp,

I agree, definitely makes sense for there to be a way for them to pay later on if they don't follow through with payment right away. Especially since the spot will be blocked off and they can't try again.

I'm flagging this for our developer so he can look into getting it added :slight_smile:

In the meantime, setting the "Disable pending appointments option" to low time duration will be best so the appointment will be made available again without having to wait long.

Either myself or the developer will update you here once we push out the pay option for the my appointments table.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi bennyp,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry but we have not heard back from the developer yet. I have pinged the developer again, I will post a reply here when I will have some news from the developer.

Thanks for your patience and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Nastia
      • Support Rock Star

Hello Josh ,

I apologize for the delay in here.

Unfortunately, this feature is not added yet, though I've pinged our developers about it. It has is being worked on, but it is not available to be released. I am afraid I can't share an ETA here.

We don't publish ETAs to prevent disappointment if a deadline is missed (which in plugin development quite a frequent occurrence!)

Kind regards,
      Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.