Appointments + was working fine here:

Hi,

Appointments + was working fine here: http://downtoearthhealth.co.uk/make-an-appointment/

But suddenly the issue shown appeared. What has happened and how should i fix it?

Urgent! Thanks!

Hayley

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Hillside

Out of interest have you made any changes tot he Appointments page?

You could try the following:-

Login to your Wordpress dashboard as Admin
    Select Pages
    Then select your Appointments page
    Then view the shortcodes with the 'text' tab selected.
    Check if you have any additional code in there and if so remove and update the page
    Then re-check

Hope that helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• Hillside
    • Flash Drive

The page itself wasn't touched. Just appointments added to the plugin. Which is gone following the update. I'm panicking, i'm the website designer rather than the client who needs it working for her business. Have all her bookings gone?

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Hillside,

Can you double check to make sure Appointments+ is activated? I think it's installed, but might not be active.

When you activate it, can you make sure there aren't any errors that appear on that plugins page?

@pxwm,

Thanks for chiming in. :slight_smile: Some extra context for you in case if it brings anything to mind (wasn't sure if you had a chance to see it previously). We had a fatal error via hitting the max execution time.

Best regards

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@Hillside,

Great to hear that it's working! It shouldn't deactivate after each update, but this could have been related to the previous error. When it doubt, you can just check the plugins page to see if it is active or not.

If you go to the "Appointments" Page in your Dashboard, you can manually create new bookings if you need to. Also, if you require your clients to create an account, it will remember their previous information and fill it in automatically for them. They'll have the ability to change or update it if needed.

Best regards

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Hillside

Really good news it's working.

I would recommend before upgrading any plugin that you take a backup of the site and database so if you experience any problems you have an option to rollback.

However always check that the plugin ugrade allows you to rollback as sometimes an upgrade is not backwards compatible.
    i.e. Some new features are not supported in a previous version.

The above can apply to any plugin.

Hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.