Appointments+ with Google calendars

I was thinking with Appointments+ will integrate with Google calendars. My client would like to see all her appointments right on Google calendar as she wants nothing to do with logging into her website and wants nothing to do with it as its to much for her. Is there anyway to do this. I felt like there was when i read it but misunderstood it was for the customers to use not the store.

• Zyniker
    • WordPress Warrior

I do not believe that Appointments+ currently supports this, though you could put in a feature request. In the meantime, the best way to do this would probably be to create a script to pull details from email notifications and add them to your client's calendar.

• jcapehart2
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I can't help but think the video for this plugin is super deceiving. It says you can manage all your appointments with Google calendar. Sounds like you can modify it and your website will self update with the times etc. I've been reading now about people requesting the sync feature since 2011. Whats the word on that? Only response people are getting is its in the works but not to be rude, it's been "in the works" for about a year. Seems you guys have a very qualified staff to take that long :stuck_out_tongue:.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

I've been reading now about people requesting the sync feature since 2011.

Where did you read this?

This plugin is only 4 months old. So how can they ask it since 2011?

In several threads I am repeating that we are working on this feature, but Google itself does NOT officially support the service that we need, that is, submitting an event to your calendar WITHOUT consent of the client who applies for the appointment (Web applications tend to take consent of the applier regardless of the fact that it is not their data to be changed).

Still, we found a way, testing it now and it will be added in one of our future releases. If possible, to the next release. But, be prepared, setting your Google account will be difficult.

If you follow the updates of this plugin, you will see that user requests are immediately realized, whenever they are possible.

Thanks,
    Hakan

• jcapehart2
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I apologize but maybe a post i had seen was incorrectly labeled with the wrong date cause it said like January 2012. Maybe i seen the wrong thing. I understand what your saying just seen so many appointment applications that allow it already so didn't know there may be an issue. I am ready to do what I have to for my clients as I see you guys are for yours. I appreciate your hard work I just wanted to have as much info as possible as to where it stood :slight_smile: Thank you for your time and dedication.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

I understand what your saying just seen so many appointment applications that allow it already so didn't know there may be an issue.

Most, maybe all, applications work when you are ONLINE. We want it work when you are not even visiting your website or your Google Calendar account. So an appointment needs to be added by a client who has no access to your Google Calendar, not even having a Google account himself.

It will be like that.

Cheers,
    Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.