Appointments+ with Multiple Google Calendars

I have shared my google apps/business calendar with my personal calendar and my personal calendar with the google apps. My personal calendar is displaying on the apps calendar but Appointments+ is not blocking out the times reserved on my personal calendar. How can I fix this?

• Jon
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Vinod,
    Unfortunately that didn't seem to answer my question. Only one calendar is reserving time slots for GCal...I was hoping to get "free/busy" or just all events on a google cal account to reserve space. If I put something on my calendar, whether personal or not, I want that space to be hard-and-fast not available.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Jon,

Which account are you using personal or apps within Appointments+ ?

If you are using the Google Calendar API then Appointments+ has two ways to sync events which you can set for Integration Mode field from the following path

Admin -> Appointments -> Settings -> Google Calendar tab -> Integration Mode

Could you please check is there any error message in the Appointments+ log from the following path?

Admin -> Appointments -> Settings -> Logs tab

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Jon
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

There is no error message. It is only syncing one of my google calendars. I want it to take into account the general "free/busy status" between all my calendars. It books appointments on my work calendar, and blocks out that time on google, but when I have a personal event on my personal/primary calendar, it doesn't prevent the person from reserving that time as well.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Jon,

I hope you are well today and sorry for the late reply, i was terribly suffering from cold and fever so could provide you timely reply.

This will certainly take a bit of trial and error to try to figure it out.

Therefore in an effort of expediency I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advise for us.

I have notified the plugin developer about it and he will reply on this thread.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Cheers,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Jon,

Hope you're well today and sorry about the delay here.

Just to clarify here what we're looking to achieve, you have a gcal business calendar, this is your main calendar for Appointments+ correct? Is this setup with the two way sync option? (From Appointments+ to gcal and from gcal to appointments+?).

Then you have your personal calendar which is being synced with the business calendar. But the personal calendar, is this a primary calendar or a secondary calendar?

Please advise :slight_smile:

Thanks! Sorry again about the delay.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jon
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

For the first paragraph: "Just to clarify here what we're looking to achieve, you have a gcal business calendar, this is your main calendar for Appointments+ correct? [YES] Is this setup with the two way sync option? [YES]

I have one personal google account whose primary calendar is shared with my business google account calendar. As recommended the business google account calendar is a secondary calendar two-way synced with AMPTS+. I need AMPTS+ to show as unavailable the times which are busy on the shared personal google account calendar.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Jon,

Thanks for the additional information, by default Appointments+ will only write to the calendar that is setup (the business cal) and won't also sync with the personal calendar.

This is technically a Google API calendar limitation, though if the appointment is booked on the business calendar and shared with the secondary calendar it should block off the time on the other calendar, but they are technically as per Google API's shared, so they show on the same interface.

Now though as your using business calendars and a personal calendar, the business apps one should be able to have write access to the other calendar, can you confirm both have read and write access?

I'll also be discussing this with the lead developer in our meeting tomorrow to see if we can make this clearer :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Jon,

Hope you're well today.

Just wanted to provide you an update, I've discussed this with the lead developer and this indeed a Google limitation I'm afraid.

Appointments+ will write to the calendar that is setup, but the secondary calendar isn't writable as per Google Calendar's API. When viewing the calendars they are simply overlaid on each other within the Google interface, if that makes sense? :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.