Appointments+/marketplace product and appointments pages

I've integrated marketplace with A+ but the appointments page that is automatically created takes my default template as the basis for it's creation. I am unable to change which template it uses and a quarter of my appointments page is then taken up by a twitter roll and facebook like box which crowding my appointments page.

How do I customize which template the appointments page takes:

Also I would like to be able to edit the products page as well.

I don't understand why I am unable to edit that one since the store and appointments pages are both fully editable.

• kiel_olver

I created an appointment product page at the integrate with marketplace tab in appointments:

http://www.propelswimming.com/store/products/lessons/

It looks like it made the page using the default template which in my case adds a twitter and facebook feed.

Most of my pages when I click in to edit them, have a box called Page Attributes where I can change which template the page uses.

For some reason all product pages seem to live separately from my "pages" pages and it means that I am unable to edit them to the same scale.

Bottom line is that I need to be able to edit the page attributes of the product pages:

http://www.propelswimming.com/store/products/lessons/

&

http://www.propelswimming.com/store/products/

Thank you for such a quick response!

• kiel_olver

Hello I'll give that a try,

I'm noting that on the products page some problems are occurring which may also be attributed to the preset theme not jiving with these plugins (please see attached image):

- nothing happens when a user clicks add to cart (rendering marketplace useless for me right now)
    - there is no paypal button, instead a long bar appears after clicking the confirm button asking the user to pay
    - with the two month display, if a user is not logged in there are three dialogues asking the user to login, one above, below and between the calendars,
    - there is the word "uncategorized" also appearing at the bottom of the registration page

Also not sure if I sure start a new thread on this one but:

- if a client selects no preference for the service provider, the provider in the back end just says "our staff", and while it greys out an instructor, how does it decide who gets booked? What if the client wants a specific location?

- hence when using locations, there is no dropdown menu to sort by location, so these types of problems present a major concern for our use of this plugin, right now only after selecting a service provider can a client see the location

- I found a bug where if using both the service and service_provider drop down menus, if someone selects a service provider first, then the service, the service provider dropdown is reset. (note this bug doesn't occur if the options are selected the other way around) Is there a place to report this bug?

• pxwm

Hi @kiel_olver

To confirm:-

- I found a bug where if using both the service and service_provider drop down menus, if someone selects a service provider first, then the service, the service provider dropdown is reset. (note this bug doesn't occur if the options are selected the other way around) Is there a place to report this bug?

This is not a bug as the process for making an appointment for a Service is:-

Select Service
    Then Select a Service provider
    This then displays the relevant schedule to select a date/time.

Therefore to achieve this, when a Service is selected the Service Provider option is reset unless the Service is only assigned to a single Service Provider when it will then show that Service Provider.

Hope that helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• kiel_olver

Okay that makes sense, can someone please comment on the issues I'm having below.

- if a client selects no preference for the service provider, the provider in the back end just says "our staff", and while it greys out an instructor, how does it decide who gets booked? What if the client wants a specific location?

- hence when using locations, there is no dropdown menu to sort by location, so these types of problems present a major concern for our use of this plugin, right now only after selecting a service provider can a client see the location

Thanks!

• pxwm

Hi @kiel_olver

I can confirm that if you allow a client to select a Service with the 'no preference' set for the Service Providers then a random Service Provider is selected.

If you don't want the client to be able to book a Service by selecting 'no preference' then you could try:-

Login to your Wordpress dashboard as Admin
    Then Select A+ Settings
    Then Select the 'Working Hours' tab
    Then Select 'no specific provider' in the dropdown
    Then set the 'Work?' field for each day to 'No'
    Then Save

This should then show the 'no preference' option for the Service provider dropdown as being unavailable.

As for the Location feature.

In the current version of A+ v1.3.1 you can only set one Location for a Service and Service Provider.

You may wish to check out the following post: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/appointment-location-feature

Hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• kiel_olver

Thank you for the help with the no preference case.

My clients are telling me that they would like the ability to choose a location from a drop down menu, which will then allow the calendar to display only appointments available at that location. This seems like a logical function for locations. Right now the only way for my clients to find appointments in their area is to go through all the service providers one by one, comparing as they go.

Two solutions that would be easy for you to implement would be:

1) specifying the location for the displayed calendar in the appointments shortcode

2) specifying specific service providers (plural) for a set calendar shortcode and then making separate registration pages for each location. This is different than the single service provider calendar the short codes currently allow

Thoughts?

As always thank you for the excellent support!

• PC

Thanks for being on top of it Steve. Points coming :slight_smile:

I'm sure the developer is working on enhancing the Locations functionality based on feedback.

@Vladislav is constantly working on improving the plugin and make it more awesome from what it already is :slight_smile:

From what you posted for location feature, they would have to go as a feature request so that others can vote on them as well !

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.