Approve the error message in Safe Upgrade that is false positive

Some of my clients' websites fail for the 'Safe Upgrade Check' check in Automate, mainly because of image backgrounds, is there a possibility to 'approve' the notice and make the Automate icon green instead of red?
I understand it is created at the time of Update, but I imagine that 'approving' such a 'false positive' could be a possibility. I'd like to approve the error message, I don't want to disable it completely for future runs.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Dominique,

At the moment there is no option for that. Before I send a message to developers I would like to ask more about how this "approve" should work? Would that be a manual approve? You have a site which fails for the 'Safe Upgrade Check' and you will get an email notification about that and you will be still able to approve the update on this site?
    Let me know

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Dominique
      • Recruit

Hi Kasia,

First things first: I don't like to have red icons in my The Hub dashboard. It clouds my overview of things as I'm handling tens of sites and all icons should be green.

But some of our sites are never passing the 'Safe Upgrade Check' of The Hub. This is mainly because they have a background image or a plain image that apparently isn't always on the same position for the Safe Upgrade Check, although the background should have a fixed position.

I imagine a possibility within The Hub and/or the e-mail to 'consent' the Safe Upgrade Check-flag as a false positive. After approving the warning as a false positive, the Automate icon in The Hub should turn green again.

Here are some examples of such false positives:

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Dominique,

I'm sorry for the confusion on our side, but we actually have something that might help with those errors. In Automate configuration there is option "Instant Email Alerts" and there you can increase the threshold for the difference for this site.

In your case, if you set up 25% it should stop treating this as an error in the Hub and make icon green.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Dominique
      • Recruit

Hi Kasia,

I'm aware of this option, thanks. It's not really what I'm asking for, since I actually want to be notified of any changes after updates. The red/green icon in The Hub is my main concern here, as it clouds my overview of all the sites in our maintenance package. A way to change the red icon into green after a site has been flagged would be perfect. I hope you understand.

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Dominique

How are you today?

The option that my teammate sent you should avoid some problem, increasing to up you get the notification if the e-mails are for 25% you can rise to 30%. Also, the status on HUB will be Green, so you know if you get the e-mail it isn't a false positive.

We passed the flag idea to our Automate team, hope they can consider it on a future release, I'm also moving this thread to Features & Feedback section, where other members can vote for this feature too.

Let us know if you need any further help on this.
    Best Regards,
    Patrick Freitas

• Dominique
      • Recruit

Hi Patrick,

Thanks, but I've got some other sites with the same problems and on some the percentages are even higher. As far as I can see now, on the latest Automate run the highest percentage was 37.08%, but of I remember correctly I've even seen higher than 50%.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Dominique,

I can see there is some confusion introduced on our side. I really apologize for this.
    I had a long talk with Hub Team about this option for increasing sensitivity of the Safe Upgrade check and due to some misunderstanding, we provided info that it applies also for the Hub icon when at the moment it doesn't. It only works for emails.

I do understand your concern regarding the icons and I will pass this to Hub team.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.