Appts+ creating thousands of Gcal reserved entries

Hi, the Appointments+ plugin seems to be re-creating and duplicating all my google calendar entries in MySQL every 10min. I currently have 85k entries... this can't be the proper behavior. It should only sync these once and add new ones as they are added to Gcal (not recreate everything every 10min).

Any idea what's causing this and how to stop? thx

• PC

Hello there,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

that is one weird issue and it should not be happening like this.

Are you using any kind of caching plugins ? If yes, can you kindly disable them and see if that helps ?

Also A+ has got a caching setting so can you set Use Built-in Cache to No and manually delete the cache once and see if that fixes the issue.

If it doesn't please let me know.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC

Hiya,

Thanks for posting back.

I do in fact use the WP Supercache plugin. I've temporarily disabled it but I need that plugin to speed my site. Is Appts+ not compatible with WP Supercache?

Its not about the compatibility here. The plugins do not stop our members from using caching plugins however personally I have noticed that they cause nothing but problems as a few changes take a lot of time to appear, and some don't appear at all.

The best way is to use a better hosting so that you don't have to use caching.

I've temporarily disabled it to see if that changes anything. I'm currently now at 88072 records in Reserved by Gcal.

What is the current status with the caching plugin disabled ?

RE: the A+ caching setting- it was already set to No. Shall I switch it to yes?

No, just leave it to No at the moment. We will first monitor what is going on.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• grid7

The best way is to use a better hosting so that you don't have to use caching.

That's shirking the problem my man- our hosting situation is what it is and the caching plugin has worked fine with other dynamic content served by other plugins we use. I will tinker with using exclusion rules to make sure it doesn't cache any of the Appts+ pages. I don't understand why that would cause the issue we're seeing of the plugin pulling and duplicating new Gcal records every 10min though....

What is the current status with the caching plugin disabled ?

WPsupercache has been disabled last 2 days and record count is now at 94196 so that wasn't it.

What do we need to do to troubleshoot from here?

• PC

WPsupercache has been disabled last 2 days and record count is now at 94196 so that wasn't it.

What do we need to do to troubleshoot from here?

Thanks for posting back and confirming its not the caching.

If the site is not live, can you kindly do the below test

1: Disable all other plugins apart from A+ and switch to default 2012 theme
    2: Wait for sometime and see if the entries are still being created.

That will eliminate the possibility of any theme/plugin conflict and give us a good direction.

Also, do you see anything in the server error logs ?

Please advise.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• grid7

If the site is not live, can you kindly do the below test

Unfortunately it is live (it's the main production site for our company so I can't tinker with it like you're suggesting). I'm traveling today but what I'd like to do is clone the live site to a staging server and give your technicians access to troubleshoot it. This will be a more direct way to diagnose the problem rather than relaying instructions and observations back and forth.

Is there someone to whom I should email the server credentials directly to rather than posting them here in this public thread? thx

• grid7

Ok quick update:
    @pxwm - that thread you referenced was indeed the key. Thank you for that. My developer applied the Unique ID fix and that appears to have solved the problem. It's been a few hours and duplicate entries are no longer being created.

One note for those confronting this: if you have 2-way-sync running you need to clear out all but one set of entries. My dev deleted all the Reserved Gcal entries from our MySQL instance expecting that it would just re-import only one copy. Unfortunately I had 2-way-sync configured so that blew away everything on my Google Calendar when he did that. Fortunately I did have my Mac iCal syncing with Google and I had just run a timemachine backup last night. I was able to restore the calendar cache to iCal, run it in offline mode, export to iCal archive and then re-import those events back into my Google Calendar to restore it....

@Vladislav - if I'm not mistaken this sounds like a bug in the sql script on the Appts+ install that creates that table. It should probably just setup that field as Unique ID to prevent this duplicate entries issue. FYI I had 107k records before clearing it out having run that plugin for 2wks (it was re-creating events every 10min). Consider bundling this fix on the next release.

Anyways, thx all for everyone's help. I have marked this issue as resolved.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.