"Archive" listing and Unpublished Courses staying visible

Please check out deihq.com/courses/

1) Why does it say "ARCHIVE" above the courses?

2) My course "Getting To Know Your Products" is set to NOT published in the admin, but it's still appearing on the site. Is there a way to hide unpublished courses?

Thanks!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jason,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Course are in fact custom posts (see: custom post types). The course "listing" page is in fact the same as "blog post archive" page so if there's no dedicated page template WordPress will pickup default archive page template. That's an expected behavior that follows WordPress standards.

To remove "archive" word from course listing you may use a simple CSS rule as follows:

.post-type-archive-course .entry-headline {display:none;}

This will hide the "Archive" word on course-listing page only. To apply it to your site please add it to your current theme's child theme style.css file (if you're using a child theme) or via Simple Custom CSS plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

As for showing a course that's not published yet.

This shouldn't happen and course that is not published shouldn't be publicly visible on course list, it should be publicly accessible either. However, I checked you site and the "Getting to know you products" course doesn't seem to be available to the public.

I am able to view that course (the same as any other not-published course) while I'm logged in to the site as administrator. This is expected feature as while designing/editing the course one may want to take a look at its preview. Any attempts to see/visit that course as a not-logged in user/non-admin user gives me a "Nothing Found" page which is fine.

That said, I think that's working well, unless I'm missing something here. If so, could you please elaborate a bit on this so I could further examine the issue?

Best regards,
    Adam