Events +:Archive page not showing some strange information + How to customize it

Hello.

I'm having some issues with the archive page of Events.

Here's the url: http://dev.tamtando.com/eventi/

As you can see, there is a bunch of problems. I'm not sure if this is cause by Headway of by the plugin, so I'll start from this forum to find out.

First of all, the page title shows "incsub_event"
Then, the content always starts with "Mostra evento" (that is the translation for "View event") followed by the actual content, without a space in between. The, all of this ends with the RVSP data, again without spaces. It looks like all the event's information are concatenated in the excerpt. In addition, there is this "Mostra evento" that looks like a link's text, without the link.

In addition to that, I'd like to show a calendar, instead of a list. If in Events settings I check "Override default appearance?", and select a the calendar for the archive template, I get indeed the calendar, but only that: header, sidebars, footer all disappears.

There is a way to create a page and use a short code instead? Or instead, a call to a pho function would be also ok to me.

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi @sciamannikoo

I told you we'll catch up again :slight_smile:

There are definitely a lot of things that need to be fixed there. Since the last issue was with the Headway theme I would put my money on it being the culprit in this case as well. So I will do a bit of testing myself to see what I get. However, better to also ask the Developer (also Ve) to have a look at your archive page and see if he can provide some suggestions/ solution for this.

All the best and talk soon again!

Pay it forward, that's it :slight_smile:

GinaB

• Kimberly

sciamannikoo,

Just checking in with Gina here :slight_smile:

Did you get any of your issues above sorted?

Handy Tools like Firebug can help with styling issues and changing things around in your theme :slight_smile:
    Most of the control with how this displays can be fixed there, as all themes are different there is no way we can account for all of these issues.

A quick inspection shows you don't have any padding around some of these elements, like your thumbnails, in your css which would help your display. The Headway theme doesn't always play nice, so sometimes it needs a little convincing. :slight_smile:

As far as the calendar, there is no option to have a shortcode at this time, but we can push it to a feature request and see if anyone else would be interested in the same :slight_smile: If enough folks ask then it may find it's way into an upgrade in the future!

Best,

Kimberly

• sciamannikoo

Hello Kimberly.

Beside the issues that could be solved ith some CSS styling, there are actual issues that aren't solved yet.

Once again, the page title showing "inscusb_event", the RSVP data shown is such way, etc.

So, I would say that the issue aren't sorted yet and considering that the plugin is not getting updated since quite a lot of time, I wonder what's the developing status of it.

About features request, I understand why most of the times a voting system is the best way to get them, but frankly I think that some missing features don't need to be voted, as they would have excpected since the first release (to name one, the taxonomy support and filtering, for which I had to write my own customization to make it working... And I'm not a Wordpress developer!).

To be honest I'm a bit disappointed but the developing status of this and other plugins.
    They start as amazing and appealing plugins, with some glitches that never gets solved.
    The answer, lately, is the the developer team is working to something "amazing", but mysterious to us, the users. Nice and really intriguing, but what about all the other incomplete plugins?

• Hakan

Hi sciamannikoo,

Let me give you this information I've just wrote to another thread here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/integration-of-google-calendar-into-wordpress

Events+ V1.3 is being internally tested now and you can expect it next week, if we don't meet an issue we cannot solve easily.
    This version does not include Google Calendar integration. However, it includes "event categories", weekly calendar, event countdowns, support for blog local time settings, register from front end, Google login and some improvements in help system. These includes may slightly change, in case we have a difficulty on that part of the improvements. I mean, some features can be removed not to delay the release or some more can be added.

Cheers
    Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.