Archive versions of CSS in Upfront

Hey there,

I am just doing some maintenance work for this client and I have noticed that there is references to old archived versions of my css eg: http://hammerexcavations.com.au/wp-content/themes/upfront/elements/upfront-newnavigation/css/unewnavigation-style.css?ver=4.4.1

Where are these files coming from? I dont recall setting any archive system up. Worst thing is I cannot override these archive css with updates in the custom css section.

Is this a caching issue? Can you pls help me here so that I can remove these archive versions and stop them from happening again. I only want the site to call upon the current version of the css file.

Cheers... Brett

• Brett

OK so I managed to overwrite these archive versions by just using !important notation but it also forced me to specifically set up custom css for things like H2 and H2:after, even though these were not set up in the Font Manager like they were meant to be.

Very weird behaviour. I'd still like to know how to get rid of this situation altogether.

Look fwd to your response :slight_smile:

• Sajid

Hi @Brett,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I can see the same version on my own site. After further digging into this issue I saw they are coming from the code in functions.php file of Upfront parent theme directly.

So the only way to remove the version from file at the moment is by editing the code files of theme. Go to themes/upfront/functions.php, find wp_enqueue_style and replace Upfront_ChildTheme::get_version() with false.

We are also working on render blocking scripts/styles and other performance issue that you will be out soon. I am sorry but I can't give an ETA here at the moment.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.