Archived/Deactivated sites still visible

When subscriptions aren't paid, the sites become inactive. But for some reason only some of those on my network stop being accessible.

This site (http://homesteadlady.popcred.net), for example, was archived and deactivated, and you can still see it, trackback on it, comment on it, etc.

Ideas?

• ProSapien
    • The Crimson Coder

I didn't do anything to it. At some point after I posted this happened. It had been archived for some time, and I deleted it a couple of days before posting. So perhaps the deletion pulled the site down -- but only after a couple of days. ???

I would think that an archived site would also be inaccessible and not available for posting. ???

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ProSapien,

There are just too many possibilities here that could have caused the previous scenario no limited to but including caching, browser caching etc.

There is not much more to tell here since it is indeed gone.

From my understanding of WordPress, archiving means that it will put the relevant content into the archives but not make it inaccessible.

On most sites you can indeed see the archives created within WordPress and they are fully functional for the most part.

To sum it all up it appears that delete = gone and archive = archived but not gone.

Have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.