Are any of these functions possible in CoursePress Pro

Is it possible to:
- have the text to the right or left of a video in a unit. It would make it easier to see both a the same time.
- make it possible for the course participants to leave a unit-specific comment that can only be seen by the course instructor, e.g. a question regarding that specific unit, that the instructor then can easily reply
- as an instructor of a course to easily access a report on how every participant in that course is progressing

Thanks very much

Thomas

• Vaughan

Hi Thomas,

Hope you're well?

#1 Yes, most likely this could be done with CSS, i'd need to see the video/unit to be able to give you the CSS though for your site.

#2 Comments aren't possible, but there's a discussions option you can enable where students can post discussions about the course.

#3 Go to the reports page in admin for the reports for each student.

Dashboard > coursepress >reports

Hope this helps

• Thomas

Hi thanks for your reply
    So if I understand you correctly, it is not possible, even with the addition of any of your plugins:
    - for a participants to contact the instructor privately with a question
    - sort the participants by course
    - sort the reports by course
    - as an instructor, to have one easy overview of how many of the participants have finished one specific course

I seems a little uneasy, by the way, as an instructor, to see in your instructors menu, that people have made comments or started a discussion. But you have to go to each exact unit and page to answer, instead of being able to answer it all from the same instructors manu....am I mistaken about this.

Thanks again
    Thomas

• Vaughan

Hi Thomas,

Apologies on the delay.

- sort the reports by course

This is possible from the reports page in wp-admin.

Dashboard > coursepress > reports

You can see a filter at the top which lists all courses, selecting a course willfilter the list to only display reports from the selected course.

- sort the participants by course

Not quite sorting,but if you visit the manage course page from the front-end Coursepress dashboard as an instructor, you will then be able toview the students for that course.

Then select students tab to view students for that course.

- for a participants to contact the instructor privately with a question

It's possible to do this by using the Private messaging plugin, this would then allow students to contact the instructor.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/private-messaging/

Regarding your other feedback, I will certainly pass this along to the relevant developers to consider looking at improving usability.

Hope this helps