Are any of your themes responsive?

I can’t imagine this hasn’t been answered already but the closest thing i could find in the community was a year old.

Are any of the wpmudev themes responsive?

Sorry if this has been answered a zillion times. I just couldn’t find it. Perhaps i’m taking crazy pills…

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Richard,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

Are any of the wpmudev themes responsive?

As mentioned in your thread we don’t really have any responsive themes, SimpleMarket being exception at the moment:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/simplemarket/

Companies like WooThemes, Elegant themes, etc, should have what you’re looking for in regards to responsive themes, however our developers are working on a super cool theme project at the moment and its under testing internally.

Once that is launched, you would not longer be looking for anything else :slight_smile:

Please don’t ask for an ETA as I can’t really comment on that but we are eagerly waiting for that !

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

• Imperative Ideas
    • HummingBird

Steps to identifying a good theme:

1. Make sure the grid is powered by either Foundation or Bootstrap. I don’t care if you’re batman, your grid isn’t as good as theirs.

2. Look at the source, check the version of the responsive (see #1) engine. Just this week I had to update a commercial theme’s Bootstrap engine from 2.0.1 (release) to 2.3.2 (final version before 3.0), which was ridiculous.

3. Check the number of JS and CSS calls being made, is the theme combining scripts or just dumping them in?

4. The only scripts with any business being in the header are jQuery (asycnhronous load) and Modernizr. The rest should be in the footer.

5. Avoid huge numbers of bundled plugins. Authors very rarely build them in conditionally, so if you decide to use your own copy of LayerSlider instead of their built in options, you end up with a ton of dead scripts loading in with the page. This is easy to avoid as a theme developer but most are either too lazy or haven’t taken the time to really understand WordPress.

6. If you want to make structural modifications, select a theme that is designed to take a child (Hybrid Core, Reactor, Bones, etc) rather than building directly into the main theme. This is more advanced and time consuming but gives you a lot more flexibility if you are serious about doing a professional job. Bonus points if the theme features are built using add_theme_support() instead of defaulting to on.

Even if you ignore #6, you’ve still eliminated 85% of the market in a few quick steps and saved yourself a ton of headaches.

• Richard
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Well, i must cancel my membership here before 12am tonight. I hope to use what I’ve learned here to generate some more cash money to buy a longer term membership.

Everyone here has been super awesometastic and helpful. I hope to be back soon…

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Richard,

Its sad to see you go but its good to hear that you found everyone helpful :slight_smile:

Perhaps I can get you a good deal on your membership. Just send an email to my attention via contact form and we will take it further :slight_smile:

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.