Are excerpts able to be rich text? HTML? or limited to bare text

I am referring to Excerpts in the product page. Is there no way to enter HTML or rich text in this box?

• Rupok

Hi chris,

I'm afraid, MarketPress cleans all html elements from the excerpt while showing in product page.
    However, you can get rich text editor in the excerpt area for posts and custom post types by installing this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/rich-text-excerpts/ Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

After activating this plugin, go to "Dashboard > Settings > Rich Text Excerpts" section and put checkmark for Products. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

But I repeat again, MarketPress trims all HTML tags from excerpt and that's why your formatting will be gone in front end. However, I've asked our devs regarding how this can be shown in the front-end and I'll update you as soon as I get something from them.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi chris,

Yes, I mentioned this in my previous reply. My colleague Panos gave me a patch for this. I've attached that patched file with this reply. Please download that and extract. You will get a file named "template-functions.php". Now login to your server with any FTP program like FileZilla, go to "/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/" directory. There you will see a file named "template-functions.php". Rename that file to "template-functions.php.BAK". Now upload the "template-functions.php" file you downloaded from this reply to that directory and you are done. Your product pages will show rich text in excerpt area.

If you have any confusion or if you are stuck at any point please let us know. If you are not sure how to do this, we can do this on behalf of you. For that, please send me message with FTP access credentials through our secure contact form here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Subject: "Attn: Rupok"
    - FTP Username
    - FTP Password
    - FTP Host
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs

Select "I have a different question" for your topic. This and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Please note, there is no hook for doing this. So you have to use this customized core file. And please save this file on your computer because you have to do this replacement every time your plugin is updated.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.