are forms customizable? can i assign fields as required

are forms customizable?
can i assign fields as required fields?
check box or drop-down in the shipping or checkout page?

is there a way to create a checkout page without the sidebars from my themes?

Where do we specify the post-purchase page destination? We'd like to direct the customer to our membership plugin area for creation of their UN and PW once the payment is complete.

• Patrick

Hi there @pbradmin

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard!

I presume you are referring to our MarketPress plugin, correct?

If so, then you can customize the content of store pages under the Messages tab in MarketPress settings. But there is no built-in feature enabling you to add more fields to the actual forms themselves.

However, when creating or editing a product, you can check the "Personalize" checkbox to enable an additional field beneath the shipping form where buyers can enter additional information. That field can be set to "required" also (1st screenshot).

As for creating a template for a shopping cart with no sidebars, the answer is yes, you can. :slight_smile:

You would first make a copy of the full-width template you want to use from your theme, and rename it mp_cart.php.

Then add the following where you want the shopping cart to appear on the page:
    <?php echo mp_show_cart(); ?>

You would likely need to also edit your new template to remove bits of code that display your blog posts or page content, otherwise that will also display on your checkout pages.

Finally, there is no setting for a post-purchase redirect in MarketPress as buyers are automatically redirected to the final step in the checkout process where they see their order details, including a link to their Order Status page (2nd screenshot).

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @pbradmin,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question, Your referring to the Membership plugin Or MakretPress?

Below is info for Membership, if you're referring to MarketPress please let me know :slight_smile:

Currently the only way you can add additional fields to the forms is by using BuddyPress, though we are looking into custom fields for a future version :slight_smile:

By default all fields are required, (email, username, password).

check box or drop-down in the shipping or checkout page?

is there a way to create a checkout page without the sidebars from my themes?

Could you clarify please? The subscriptions page? Which payment gateway are you using?

Where do we specify the post-purchase page destination?

In Membership > options > membership pages > registration completed.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• pbradmin

ok. i found the answer in the quick help pages.

Further questions:
    We spoke to Authorize.net. They said that the shopping cart is supposed to tell authorize.net where to send the customer after the purchase is complete. Meaning... to our membership area for UN/PW creation.

Something about a "Relay response URL" and a "Receipt link URL." Where do we find where those settings are located for each product.

Also, what is the best way to setup different shipping and handling charges.

Thank you

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @pbradmin,

Hope you're well today.

With Authorize.net and MarketPress, you don't need to set a specific relay/IPN URL, it's set dynamically by the plugin.

You can set a custom API URL if you was going to use BluePay for example :slight_smile:

For setting the shipping, this would depend, but I personally like table rate shipping, what are your requirements for shipping?

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.