Are the plugins: ProSites and Membership 2 to be used together?

& Could you point me in the right direction for a complete walktrhough of setup - and neccessary plugins to "create another Wordpress or EDUblogs? Thank you.

• Anang

Hi @StudioSelf

Thanks for contacting us :slight_smile:

Pro Sites and Membership2 is two plugins with different purpose. Pro Sites is used for limiting your site network, and Membership2 is for limiting your site contents.

So if you want to limiting features or create level for your network site (limit the upload, themes, plugins) , you need Pro Sites plugins not Membership2. And also Membership2 is site based, so you can have different Membership package for each your subsite.

Could you point me in the right direction for a complete walktrhough of setup - and neccessary plugins to "create another Wordpress or EDUblogs?

I'm sorry I can give you details walkthrough to achieve this, because those twos are big portal that have complicated system. But I will try to give you a starting points, so you know where to start build your own portal .

1. Made sure you have multisite Installation
    2. Use Pro Sites to create packages for your User and handle the payment
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/
    3. Use Ultimate Branding to white label your Wordpress Installation with your own brand.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/
    4. You may check New Blog Template plugin, to create a website template. So your user's new site will have some settings and content instead default wordpress installation.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/
    5. And if you want your user have their own domain in your multisite network, you need Domain Mapping plugin to map subsite to TLD domain.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/

Hope that steps above help you to start your blog portal :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• StudioSelf

Thank you. While I was being a bit of a smarta^^ with part of my question, the ProSites plugin page reads: "Create a network of sites with premium services like WordPress.com or Edublogs.org"
    In all seriousness - I have quite a bit of experience, but starting fresh - I am being sure to re-cap my common skills and find out as much as I am able about "the new wpmudev". So I thank you for your getting started guide - it's perfect. Just what I needed to be sure I'm not missing something commonly missed or recently changed points.
    So this will get me started, however I still have a couple of questions: But first a statement: I have a multisite install running buddypress as well as bbpress on the primary website. The primary website - the social network is where most people will be happy with a multi-media profile and perhaps, while others will wish to create their own website within the network. I wonder if I can offer both free and paid subscription options for both the social network and multi-site... I would be fine if this could be accomplished by having all members who choose to pay a subscription for a website be "premium members" of the social network and have all access to all areas of the social network (but no necessarily all multisite features - such as premium themes and plugins).

• Anang

Hi @StudioSelf

I wonder if I can offer both free and paid subscription options for both the social network and multi-site..

Yes, absolutely you can create free membership with Membership 2 pro, and create a paid membership to allow your users access all your social network areas.

Meanwhile you can offer your user free website using Pro Sites, and create some packages to unlock website features (such as premium themes and plugins, user quota, etc)

And please note you need separated packages for Membership 2 pro and Pro Sites. Since each plugins have their own packages for limiting features.

Let me know if you have any questions else :slight_smile:

Best Regards