are there any free ecommerce themes with wpmu membership?

are there anymore free template themes available through wpmudev membership? preferable some that are made for multisite ecommerce? thanks

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey @bryan46,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

As a member of our community you're entitled to use all our themes as you wish. We do encourage all members to go for Upfront-based themes (such as Scribe) but we also do still maintain some other (older) themes that you may find useful.

Take a look here please:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/projects/category/themes/?themes=legacy

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

• wpdesigner

thanks for the reply. is the theme named "network" a full theme that will support the development of an etsy like multisite ecommerce website? because when i log into my dashboard there are only four themes available and i believe they are part of the "upfront" plugin or theme package, would any of these support marketpress, multisite, etc? i installed the "fixer" theme, but it doesn't display on my computer (online) for me to see. i installed it and activated it. doesn't that automatically upload the theme as a live site? thanks, bryan

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Bryan!

All our themes are "complete" so they'll handle your entire page. As for using these in multisite environment - all should work, however please note that installing and "network enabling" theme doesn't mean that this theme will be used automatically across all sub-sites of the network. You may for example have 10 various themes "network enabled" and then you can "Activate" different theme (one of these 10) on each sub-site.

As for e-commerce - unfortunately not every theme is e-commerce compatible. My point is: I'm sure that each will work but some features specific e-commerce dedicated features (for our MarketPress e-commerce plugins).

Among these are

- FrameMarket
    - Product
    - SimpleMarket

but I'm sure other should also work. The issue with "etsy like" multisite ecommerse websites is that despite the theme you select and an e-store plugin you'll need to build a pretty complex setup and I bet there'll be a lot of custom CSS (and most likely template code) customization.

Of course I'll be happy to assist you with any issue that may come up!

i installed the "fixer" theme, but it doesn't display on my computer (online) for me to see. i installed it and activated it. doesn't that automatically upload the theme as a live site?

I admit I'm not quite sure what do you mean. You cannot install any theme onto your computer to get it working on your online site, unless your site is being hosted on your computer.

Are you running a development (staging) site on your local machine? This is a good practice to develop everything on staging site and then deploy to a live site but you'll either want to install "Fixer" directly on your live site or deploy (copy) your staging (local) site to your server.

If I'm missing something here, please let me know!

Cheers,
    Adam

• wpdesigner

thanks for the reply adam! i meant i installed the "fixer" theme in my wpmudev dashboard. the problem was that i had two index files on my server and i have since deleted one of them and it solved the problem. are you able to give me general step by step instruction as to which plugins i need to add in specific order? i.e. install wpmu dev dashboard > install a theme > enable it to be multisite compatible > install marketpress > install global cart. (then customize like crazy, lol). that is just a hypothetical example of a walk through on how to set up a multisite, etsy like site. does that make sense? :slight_smile: i fully understand css and html and some php. i just need to get all the right plugins to connect and communicate with each other. i am not familiar with wpmu dev and advanced wordpress development. thanks again, bryan

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Bryan!

the problem was that i had two index files on my server and i have since deleted one of them and it solved the problem.

I'm glad to hear it's working now :slight_smile:

are you able to give me general step by step instruction as to which plugins i need to add in specific order? ...

Generally speaking your example is pretty much what I'd tell you!

I would start with this and once such a setup is up and running like a charm, I'd then investigate what other features should be implemented and then I'd work along you on this (in terms of assistance and help of course). I hope that makes sense :slight_smile:

To sum it up:

1. Install clean WordPress
    2. Turn it to MultiSite:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/creating-a-network-to-enable-wordpress-multisite/

3. Install WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/
    4. Install all the basic 3rd-party plugins you think you may need (e.g. Akismet for comment spam prevention)
    5. Install our MarketPress e-Commerce plugin via your dashboard's

"Network Admin" -> "WPMU DEV" -> "Plugins" page

and start configuring. Most things should work "out of the box" but if you come across any problem, just start an "issue-specific" thread at our support forum and either me or one of my colleagues we'll assist you with this.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Bryan!

These 4 themes in "upfront" catalog are our "Upfront based" themes that are easily customizable with a front-end editor, meaning that you don't have to know any CSS/php to make most of the things. However in this case I do suggest using (which might seem a bit counter-intuitive at first) more "classic" theme with no "front-end" editor.

As I mentioned before, you may find such themes here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/projects/category/themes/?themes=legacy

If you're browsing our themes through our WPMU DEV plugin from your dashboard, then please go to "WPMU DEV" -> "Themes" page and tick the "Legacy Themes" checkbox. "FrameMarket" or "SimpleMarket" would make a good start in my opinion.

Please note though that this will need some advanced CSS styling and customization but this is usually the case with complex sites such as etsy.

As for time zone and asking questions. We're working 24/7 and I myself work at various times of the day (no rule here). You can be sure that there's always someone watching for a new threads and if it comes to answering already existing ones - we just go by the "queue" as fast as possible.

I hope that helps :slight_smile:

Have a great day!
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.