Are there any workarounds to enabling the Buddypress

Are there any workarounds to enabling the Buddypress registration form to work within upfront scribe theme?

Or is there a way to use a different plugin like, membership pro to allow users to create the BP profile?

I am using a multisite. But not wanting to necessarily have users create their own blogs.

Thanks!

Eric Johnson

Thanks for the reply Pedrag!

Here is a sequenced update to where I am at currently:

Uploaded files, and turned on debug -
    I received several error messages:

1- I went to the wp login in screen and this error was there:
    Strict Standards: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, non-static method IPSurv_App::widgetInit() should not be called statically in /home8/fitcampu/public_html/fixufit/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 525

Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    instead. in /home8/fitcampu/public_html/fixufit/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3624

//I'm not sure what to do about this
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    2- Iogged in and these errors were there:

Strict Standards: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, non-static method IPSurv_App::widgetInit() should not be called statically in /home8/fitcampu/public_html/fixufit/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 525

Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    instead. in /home8/fitcampu/public_html/fixufit/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3624
    Notice: Undefined index: cart in /home8/fitcampu/public_html/fixufit/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/public/class-mp-public.php on line 89

Notice: Undefined index: checkout in /home8/fitcampu/public_html/fixufit/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/public/class-mp-public.php on line 93

Notice: Undefined index: order_status in /home8/fitcampu/public_html/fixufit/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/public/class-mp-public.php on line 97
    class="home-page home blog logged-in admin-bar no-customize-support upfront no-js">

//I deactivated marketpress via ftp

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    3- Refreshed and then tried to go into upfront:

__construct()

//deactivated debug = can't load upfront with debug on

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    4-
    I deactivated other plugins because I was receiving errors for them too:
    Plugins deactivated= marketpress, custompress, custom google search, slide in, ultimate facebook

5-
    Currently all plugins are dectivated except Buddypress and Upfront

6-
    Intially I couldn't get the registration form to appear, but, then I refreshed my permalinks displays properly but missing tick boxes in form.

7-
    I am able to add widgets and content to other Buddypress pages

Soo, I think we're headed in the right direction...I'll be playing with adding users next.

Any ideas on the other errors?

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Eric,

I hope you're well today!

This "hack" refers to "virtual pages" of buddy press. There may be however a simpler method. As my colleague Predrag mention, Upfront does work with BuddyPress and the main difficulty is to edit BuddyPress pages.

With default setup (no "hack" applied) you could use following workaround:
    - in your dashboard go to "Settings -> BuddyPress -> Pages" page
    - make sure that for each option there's a "real" (existing WP page) page assigned; these options are "Members", "Activity Streams" (if enabeld), "User Groups" (if enabled), "Register" and "Activate"

Let me stick to registration page then. Let's assume that the registration page is "BP register" page (slug: /bp-register)

By making sure that there's a real page assigned (previously created in "Pages" dashboard page) you're making sure that you are not working with "virtual pages". In order to edit layout (including title and all typical page elements with an only exception of registration form):

- temporarily assign entirely different page to "Register" option in "Settings -> BuddyPress -> Pages"
    - in your browser open "BP register" page (/bp-register) and enable "Upfront" editor
    - create layout and save for "this page only"
    - get back to "Settings -> BuddyPress -> Pages" and re-assign this page to "Register" option

At this moment you should have a fully custom layout created and working for BuddyPress registration form. However, as I said, the only exception here is a registration form itself. This has to be addressed with CSS so the steps be as follows
    - open registration page in browser while NOT being logged in to your site
    - use browser tool such as FireBug to create custom CSS for form
    - once you're sure it's fine, copy that CSS and repeat steps described above that let you create custom layout for the page but this time use Upfront's css editor to add your freshly created CSS to the page.

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam

Eric Johnson

Thanks guys, I've got it working!

I'm not sure, but I may be expecting to much right now.

I got firebug, and inspected elements saw the html and css. But, I'm a noob and may be in over my head to wanting to customize BP. And, it may be too much to be asking here. But, I'm also very comfortable learning as I go along. Feel free to point me in the right direction if there is a better streamlined source to learn from versus learning bit by bit.

I get how I can add elements from upfront into BP pages, but how do I get to the sub pages "/member/user/profile, member/user/notifications" etc...

Right now I'm playing with an upfront Members profile (that I created in upfront) page and going to customize that, I'm trying to figure out how to pull in the BP elements. Im using the code widget and pasting the html, css from firebug.

Thanks again!

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Eric!

I'm glad you got it working. There's a downside though but it's not much different from BuddyPress with other (non-Upfront) themes. The issue is that those "sub-pages" (like /members/user/profile) are "virtual" pages thus they cannot be edited directly via Upfront. The base layout for all "members" sub-pages should be the layout used for main "Members" page and since you can design and style this one (as described in my previous post) you may want to use Upfronts built-in CSS editor to add your custom styles (created with Firebug) there - those that should apply to main "Members" page but also to members "sub-pages". I think that should work. Other than that, if it doesn't help I think it will be better to wait for Update's upfront that will bring full BuddyPress support (which is planned but currently I'm not able to give you any ETA on it).

Best regards,
    Adam